What did you cook today (April 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that respect, I am somewhat similar to you, if there is like sauce, or oil, I wipe my hands off while eating, or if not needing to fetch or touch anything, could wait until I finish a segment of eating.
When I'm cooking, all the hand-washing really slows me down, because I can't stand the sensation of anything on my hands, so if I have to season a piece of raw meat...I get it out of the pack and wash my hands. Then I pat it dry with paper towels and wash my hands. Then I salt and pepper one side and turn it over and wash my hands. Then I salt and pepper the other side and wash my hands.

I also don't like the feeling of wet hands, so the whole time, it's just one icky feeling followed by another icky feeling, until I get it in the pan.

Yep.. Each box is 500ml and will make 3 curries once reconstituted with a bit of water or stock.

[EDIT] I follow this method (I have his book):

Oh splendid! Will have a look. Did some research on curries, I don't think I've ever made a proper one, following a recipe, and I might just do that sometime in the coming months. Thank you!

My lunch was reheated homemade lightly sweet buns of yesterday, topped with butter and cheese, sprinkled with chilli flakes. Side, Superpower Stew and Aubergine dip. The salty version of the buns appeals much more to me. I probably should have oven baked them, but thought this was quicker...

Anyways, delicious and comforting lunch. There is something very soothing in knowing one has made it aaaaalll with these very own two hands:okay:
Now prepping for kids lunch, pic later.

Cream tea for me , my husband and my friend. She made the sweet stuff.
We had sandwiches with homemade egg salad, sausage & mustard, and cucumber. Plus samosa filled with curried potatoes & leeks.
And kladdkaka ( Swedish chocolate cake) , apple cake and donuts.
View attachment 61017

View attachment 61018

View attachment 61019
I'll be right there...

Wild garlic and cheese scones for lunch today. View attachment 61020
View attachment 61021
...after I stop off at LadyBelle's!

I could do without the kimchi, but the spicy mayo has me wondering how you made it. I have made Sriracha mayo, and it was pretty good. How did you make yours?

CD
Sriracha and mayo is good in a pinch, but I made mine with homemade harissa and mayo. I like mine dark orange (spicy).

Brisket is pretty cheap, at least in Texas. I bought a 3-pound piece of brisket flat, and it was around 4-bucks a pound.

As far as flavor, chuck is about as close as you can get to brisket, IMO. You could do a smoked burger with chuck.

CD

In Michigan, brisket can range from about $4/pound (for the barely recognizable meat that comes in packaged corned beef kits around St. Patrick’s Day) to over $11/pound for mind blowingly good brisket at a butcher shop.

I suppose the quality depends on how close you are to the cattle ranch. I have to think the situation in Omaha, where my mom lives, is comparable to yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom