What did you cook today (April 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I nuked a quick meal of chicken quesadillas.

full.jpg

Last nights dinner, the sole was too fresh, we did not have time to prep the shrimp. So the hake was picked. I used a roasting bag to cook it en papillote with mash and roast anchovy stuffed toms. The strawbs were delish, nearly as good as the British.
1618973459146.png
1618973480291.png
1618973507010.png
1618973529118.png
1618973553111.png
The Floyd verdict was right and proper. I hope the sentence will reflect that Chauvin was not an ordinary citizen, he was paid to protect not murder.

Thanks to Walmart, my day was a waste. I'll explain some other time. I'm too POed now.

Maybe I over-reacted to this. Walmart sent me an e-mail stating that they were able to deliver the pressure cooker the same day I ordered it. That's super, but this apartment complex has locked outer doors. Normal delivery services like FedEx, UPS and the post office have codes to the doors, but I figured Walmart did not. I had no choice in the matter, Walmart just went ahead and decided to do the 'good thing'. So, I figured that I would have to wait in the lobby to let the guy who delivered in. Hours ticked away. Delivery was promised by end of day. I started waiting at 11:00am. By 5:30pm, I called Walmart support and was told after much ado, that end of day was 9:00pm. I popped. I gave up waiting. About a half hour later, I get a message and phone call that my item had arrived. I rush to the lobby and look for it, only it is nowhere to be seen. Another phone call, asking if I'm the guy in the brown shirt waiting for a Walmart package? Yes. And this guy climbs out of a SUV with a box in the parking lot to bring the package. The delivery guy, lucky for me, had my phone number from my Walmart registration.

Happy ending, but, definitely a bit of a pain without knowing facts, on their side and on mine.

Dinner last night was simple. I cooked a cheeseburger. It was too cold outside, so I cooked it in a cast iron pan on the stovetop. The house smells like a burger joint, now. I used Swiss cheese, a bakery bun and mayo. I even gave my spoiled dog a few bits.

Lightly salted chips/crisps on the side.

CD

I'm still responding to the "What did you cook (or eat) today" title.

I needed to report to the Immigration Office today as their on-line reporting website is down.

It didn't take long but I decided to go for carry oot noodles anyway.

Sod's law the regular shop was closed so we tried a new (to us) shop in the town. Same price but only just adequate. No pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom