What did you cook today (April 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Golden beets with their greens, onions, garlic, prosciutto mixed with pasta, pasta water and Parm, garnished with toasted pine nuts and more Parm. I think I will leave prosciutto out if I make again. Made this once before a lllooonnnggg time ago, but used red beets. It looked like we were eating a plate of pepto-bismol since you cook the pasta in the water used to cook the beets.

I saw a cocoa bomb for the first time a few days ago on YouTube, and how to make them. I hear they are a big thing on TicToc.

CD

The wife of a fellow teacher at my wife’s school makes them. We bought 8 of them in January, then forget we had them. I found them again Saturday, and it was a warm day, so I wasn’t in the mood. But, with this ridiculous snowfall, it’s cocoa weather again.

Clearly, I've never had fish that fresh!
We bought that hake because it was stiff fresh with rigor. You can see how white the flesh was went cooked. 80% of the fish in the market is brought in by night fishermen who have to use small boats because the coastal water were we live is shallow. Big trawlers cant trawl so the stocks have not been massacred like on the other side of the Adriatic.

Not cooked but cut up for freezer.
Yorky you might enjoy this. 24 steaks and off cuts cut into thin slices for stir fry, frozen until then.

Have you ever had "tom yam neau sot"?

It's tom yam soup but with stir fried beef instead of fish or seafood. It was a speciality of the restaurant opposite my house (before it closed).

Have you ever had "tom yam neau sot"?

It's tom yam soup but with stir fried beef instead of fish or seafood. It was a speciality of the restaurant opposite my house (before it closed).

No I havnt, I will giggle it. I love the marbling I got these are around 2 inches thick take or leave a few mm. Less than $3 each.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom