What did you cook today (April 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do. We had a whole roasted cauliflower at Christmastime, and when I made pepper steak a week or so back, I roasted a bunch of veg on a sheet pan, including leeks.

Our roast veges yesterday were crown pumpkin, kumara ( Maori sweet tatter) carrots pineaple ( just messin with ya) parsnips and potatoes. Parsnips are incredibly sweet at the moment. And cauli cheese sauce and "minted" peas.

Russ

Our roast veges yesterday were crown pumpkin, kumara ( Maori sweet tatter) carrots pineaple ( just messin with ya) parsnips and potatoes. Parsnips are incredibly sweet at the moment. And cauli cheese sauce and "minted" peas.

Russ

Pineapple slices cooked on the grill (BBQ) is good. Serve hot off the grill with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

(not my photo)
Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 6.21.51 PM.png

CD

I think TR is like me. I like pineapple, just not on a pizza.

CD
Pineapples been a thing in my life, first thing I ever baked at high school was pineapple upside down pudding. Man it was good. Since then I loved it. We occasionally buy whole ones here for fruit platters for the wee ones.

Russ

I think TR is like me. I like pineapple, just not on a pizza.

CD
True. I do like it, as long as it's fresh and ripe. It just doesn't belong on pizza.

Another place I'll occasionally find it...slaw. Like coleslaw. People will sometimes put pineapple in it. Stop that, people. :stop:

True. I do like it, as long as it's fresh and ripe. It just doesn't belong on pizza.

Another place I'll occasionally find it...slaw. Like coleslaw. People will sometimes put pineapple in it. Stop that, people. :stop:

Pineapple is an almost required ingredient in a righteous, 1950s-1960s Jello Mold Salad. At least in our house growing up.

Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 7.19.25 PM.png

CD

Last nights dinner was the same as the previous night, reheated pie and gravy with fresh cauliflower and broccoli. Pud was a twist on the stuffed pancake, Mrs B decided as the left over pancakes had got quite tough overnight she made a chocolate, hazelnut cornflour blancmange that she put the sliced pancakes in.
1618195302123.png
1618195356125.png
1618195389458.png
1618195410768.png

Baking the Kentucky Bourbon Dried Fruit Cake. It bakes for 3 hours.
The scent is magnetizing. There is something grand about the long slow baking...
Will let it cool off and taste later in the evening, will post.
The dough was so yum already...
I think it is up to the Majestic prefix...but let us see if I got everything right.😎

Decorated with walnuts instead of pecan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom