What did you cook today (April 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time through, I thought you were making a pun: do I bay leave (believe) you? Yes, I do bay leave you.
😂That is funny! The bay leaves I used were gifted by a friend, whose Mom grows it in her garden on the Island of Lošinj...so there is some sea salt muons in them and seaside air quarks... Bay leave it or not🥳😎. Loove word games👍

I thought that was a new thing for me to learn👍😊
Well I guess she wasn't the first to think of it, someone in Louisiana already did, but I didn't know that. But it is very punny indeed. I'm not sure what they call inland waterways connected to the sea with brackish water in other countries, but in the US states along the Gulf of Mexico (Louisiana in particular) they are called bayous. So very fitting for a New Orleans dish.

Dinner, fried eggs sunny side up, whites done, yolks a tiny bit runny...tried medtran49 method with drops of water and cover, worked per-fect-ly!👍

Btw, do you see a cartoon character in the yolks and all? Big eyes, big nose?Cracked up laughing...is it a squirrel? Mickey mouse? Or the naughty cat in Tom/Jerry?

Dinner, fried eggs sunny side up, whites done, yolks a tiny bit runny...tried medtran49 method with drops of water and cover, worked per-fect-ly!👍
View attachment 61188

Btw, do you see a cartoon character in the yolks and all? Big eyes, big nose?Cracked up laughing...is it a squirrel? Mickey mouse? Or the naughty cat in Tom/Jerry?

View attachment 61190
Looks like Casper the friendly ghost.

Left to right. Shrimp salad, shredded carrots and cucumber, steamed shrimp, dressing of kimchi base and honey. Sushi kushi, AKA Asian tuna tartare, dressed with sesame oil, sriracha, tamari and a couple of other things, avocado slices, and a honey, mustard, sriracha, sesame oil, etc., aioli. Crab rangoon, baked because I tried frying and the wonton skins just disintegrated. The baked ones didn't do great but were better than the fried ones. I'm going to stick with Asian market wrappers from now on and skip the regular grocery ones. Sauces were the kimchi base dressing and the honey, mustard, sesame oil dressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom