What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did our grocery shopping this morning, went to 3 different stores and I'm going to have to go back to 1 of them. Picked up some dry pack scallops that I'm going to use in a cooked dish for the challenge and also a citrus crudo, some frozen wild caught 16/20 Gulf white shrimp, some fresh 20/25 Key West pink shrimp - all on sale. Got some pretty good looking short ribs as well. Got a boniato for the scallop/challenge dish. Need leeks too, but I didn't get them at the first store we went to, Winn Dixie, because they were packaged in bunches. Figured Publix, which was the next store, would have them individually as they normally do, nope, they were out. Also went to Whole Foods, which is where I got the scallops and Key West pink shrimp. They had 2 leeks, but they were skinny and all dried out. Whole Foods should be ashamed to have them out. They were toast. So, it's back to Winn Dixie tomorrow. WD has Frenched rack of lamb on sale as well, but they were out of that too. Maybe they'll get a delivery today or tomorrow morning. I intend to look/ask again.

BTW, the sale prices at Whole Foods on the scallops and Key West pinks were great, plus I got an extra 10% off for being a Prime member. Some of the other things I looked at were pretty reasonable as well. Seems like it's not Whole Paycheck anymore since Amazon bought them.

And, we stopped at our favorite pizza place and got a couple of pizzas for lunch. I think they are going to be dinner as well, as I'm tired now and have to work until 7 p.m.

We did our grocery shopping this morning, went to 3 different stores and I'm going to have to go back to 1 of them. Picked up some dry pack scallops that I'm going to use in a cooked dish for the challenge and also a citrus crudo, some frozen wild caught 16/20 Gulf white shrimp, some fresh 20/25 Key West pink shrimp - all on sale. Got some pretty good looking short ribs as well. Got a boniato for the scallop/challenge dish. Need leeks too, but I didn't get them at the first store we went to, Winn Dixie, because they were packaged in bunches. Figured Publix, which was the next store, would have them individually as they normally do, nope, they were out. Also went to Whole Foods, which is where I got the scallops and Key West pink shrimp. They had 2 leeks, but they were skinny and all dried out. Whole Foods should be ashamed to have them out. They were toast. So, it's back to Winn Dixie tomorrow. WD has Frenched rack of lamb on sale as well, but they were out of that too. Maybe they'll get a delivery today or tomorrow morning. I intend to look/ask again.

BTW, the sale prices at Whole Foods on the scallops and Key West pinks were great, plus I got an extra 10% off for being a Prime member. Some of the other things I looked at were pretty reasonable as well. Seems like it's not Whole Paycheck anymore since Amazon bought them.

And, we stopped at our favorite pizza place and got a couple of pizzas for lunch. I think they are going to be dinner as well, as I'm tired now and have to work until 7 p.m.

I am anxious to see what you do with scallops and alliums/onions. They have such a delicate flavor. I can't wait to see what you do with them. :hungry:

CD

Reactions: mjd
- 5 kg Zeeuwse Premiere (potatoes)
- 2 bulbs pink garlic
- Stroopwafels (syrup cookies, fresh from the market)
- 2 kg hard yellow onions
- 1 salmon side
- 2 organic steaks
- 2 organic chicken breasts
- 1 organic pack chicken livers
- 1 organic pack minced beef
- 1 jar rillettes de canard
- Cottage cheese
- Buffalo mozzarella
- Whole organic milk
- 15 organic eggs
- 2 packs organic butter
- Organic greek yoghurt
- Olives
- Apples
- Parsnips
- Cauliflower
- Carrots
- Avocado
- Kimchi
- Strawberry jam

Sulmona’s Red Garlic

I just got back from grocery shopping, but did not get everything on my list as it wouldn't all fit in the fridge and freezer, or was not at the store.

I have now, 2 Leeks, 1 Purple Onion, 13 Pearl Onions (white), 3 Shallots, lots of Garlic Cloves, Minced Garlic and Chopped Garlic and the remains of one Sweet Yellow Onion. I forgot to get another Yellow Onion or a White one.

Here's what remains on my list...

Breakfast Biscuits
Breakfast Croissants
Cheese, Gouda
Coffee Creamer
Eggs
Mango Spears
Mushrooms, Morels
Mushrooms, Chanterelle
Mussels, New Zealand
Onions, Sweet
Pork, Chops, Thick
Radicchio
Scallops
Sausages
Truffles, Black
Veal

I am treating myself to the rare occasion of a Dark Beer, Cerveza Negra Modello. I bought two and will do the other some time later. To go with this beer, I have a bag of Jalapeno Potato Chips. Ok, so zap me for being self destructive once in a while.

I just got back from grocery shopping, but did not get everything on my list as it wouldn't all fit in the fridge and freezer, or was not at the store.

I have now, 2 Leeks, 1 Purple Onion, 13 Pearl Onions (white), 3 Shallots, lots of Garlic Cloves, Minced Garlic and Chopped Garlic and the remains of one Sweet Yellow Onion. I forgot to get another Yellow Onion or a White one.

Here's what remains on my list...

Breakfast Biscuits
Breakfast Croissants
Cheese, Gouda
Coffee Creamer
Eggs
Mango Spears
Mushrooms, Morels
Mushrooms, Chanterelle
Mussels, New Zealand
Onions, Sweet
Pork, Chops, Thick
Radicchio
Scallops
Sausages
Truffles, Black
Veal

I am treating myself to the rare occasion of a Dark Beer, Cerveza Negra Modello. I bought two and will do the other some time later. To go with this beer, I have a bag of Jalapeno Potato Chips. Ok, so zap me for being self destructive once in a while.
Jalapeno potato chips are a staple around here. The best chip ever made!

I needed banana peppers for my meatballs later today, so I also picked up some lettuce, bananas, pears, and bay leaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom