What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Food acquired today. (I am going to assume one or two eggs by day’s end.)

Shrimp – for a Vietnamese dish.
3 country style rib cuts of pork – one for a Vietnamese dish, two just because.
Scallops – for a Korean dish.
Scallions – for an Asian dish (for CookingBites challenge). Also, for other dishes.
Pancetta – for an Italian dish.
Fettuccine -for an Italian dish.
Heavy cream – for an American dish.
White mushrooms – for an American dish.
String beans – for an American dish.
Store-made Spanakopita servings – just because I’m addicted to them.
Smoked salmon – another addiction.
Duck breasts – a lark. (er, wrong bird – a duck…)
Smoked Gouda – it’s always gouda to have Gouda to hand.
2 large artichokes – yet another addiction.
Reduced sodium Beef “Better than Bouillon” brand – yes, making one’s own stock is best yet, but sometimes you want a quick addition. A dab will end up in a Filipino dish.
Mung bean sprouts – since I plan to focus on cooking Asian frequently in February, and also as a consolation over not finding bok choy this trip.

Red onion
Cauliflower
Corned beef (for MrsT)
Almonds
Pecans
Brazil nuts
Popcorn
Baking soda
Kosher salt
Chicken breast
Eggs
M&Ms (what LissaC calls Smarties)
Mini red wines (for cooking)
Mini white wines (for cooking)

Irritated with Kroger today. You can check through their app whether a particular location sells a product. I wanted oil-cured black olives, and was very surprised to find that they were listed as available at my local po-dunk Kroger.

I checked, they didn't have them, nor did they have a spot for them in the olives section, so I went to customer service to ask about them, in case they were shelved in some specialty area.

"Can you look up and check if you stock these olives? The app says you do."

"Well, I'd have to go check the olive aisle, I can't just 'look it up.' Did you check for them?"

"Yep, but I couldn't fin--"

"Then we don't have them. Next!"

😡

Mushrooms
Green and Red Peppers
Green Leaf Lettuce
Gala Apples
Organic Bananas
Baby Carrots
Sweet Potatoes
Baby Spinach
Croissants
Garlic Knots
Frozen Honey BBQ Chicken Nuggets
Frozen Tator Tots
Almond Milk
Eggs
Swiss Cheese
Jack Cheese
Cinnamon Raisin Bread
Bottle of Herbs from Provence
Canned Diced Tomatoes with Chilis
Avocados
Angel Hair Pasta
Spaghetti

Geez, for the first time, the gourmet grocer let me down - no oil-cured black olives. They don't even stock them.

They did have Polly-O mozzarella, though, which is the cheese for NY-style pizza, so I consoled myself with that. :laugh:

Geez, for the first time, the gourmet grocer let me down - no oil-cured black olives. They don't even stock them.

They did have Polly-O mozzarella, though, which is the cheese for NY-style pizza, so I consoled myself with that. :laugh:

We never went on our Saturday ritual shop. It's thrown me all out, we will be having free range eggs on toast, then shops for protein. Tomorrow risotto?

Russ

Sunday workout for pasta:

We were given a shed load of spring onions (scallions) yesterday. I've vacuum packed and frozen a dozen as a trial.

We were given a shed load of spring onions (scallions) yesterday. I've vacuum packed and frozen a dozen as a trial.

Did you pre-freeze them before vacuum packing? I do that with my end-of-season peppers. They don't get crushed by the vacuum sealer. You might want to try both ways, and see what happens.

CD

Did you pre-freeze them before vacuum packing? I do that with my end-of-season peppers. They don't get crushed by the vacuum sealer. You might want to try both ways, and see what happens.

CD

I never thought of doing that?? Free flow them. I need to try this. Thanks for the tip.

Russ

CD

I didn't with the first lot. They were spread out. I may try some more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom