What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is half-and-half?
It's half milk and half cream, so heavier than milk, but lighter than cream. It's the "Goldilocks" dairy product...not too light, not to heavy, it's juuuuust right. :)

From Wikipedia:

"Half and half" or "Half-and-half" is a mixture of milk and cream, which is often used in coffee. In the United States, half and half is a common liquid product produced by dairy companies in premixed form. It was invented by William A. Boutwell of Boutwell Dairy in Lake Worth Beach, Florida, which distributed the blend regionally between 1927 and 1956.[14][15][16]

In the United States, half-and-half must contain between 10.5 and 18 percent milkfat.[17] It is pasteurized or ultra-pasteurized, and may be homogenized."

Quite a lot.Our friends are visiting on Sunday for lunch so most of the ingredients for Butternut soup, proja muffins, cold roast stuffed chicken (minced pork sage and onion stuffing ) with beetroot and feta salad, frangipane pear tart with sour cream.

Just secured Lu and I a box menu for next Sunday, it will be delivered to us with full instructions next weekend.

Last edited:
I plan on going for groceries around Tuesday or Wednesday.

My current list ...

Agave Syrup (Blue)
Bananas
Green Cabbage
Celery
Cocoa Butter
Cocoa Powder
Breakfast Croissants/Biscuits
Cheese, Swiss
Cheese, Gouda
Cheese, Pepper Jack
Chives
Flour, Unbleached Wheat
Garlic
Half N Half
Fruit Juice, Various
Mussels, New Zealand
Persimmons
Polenta
Prawns
Radicchio or Endive
Salami, Sopressata
Salmon
Scallops
Sausages (Andouille, Garlic, Knackwurst)
Veal
Zucchini, Green
Zucchini, Yellow

It's half milk and half cream, so heavier than milk, but lighter than cream. It's the "Goldilocks" dairy product...not too light, not to heavy, it's juuuuust right. :)

From Wikipedia:

"Half and half" or "Half-and-half" is a mixture of milk and cream, which is often used in coffee. In the United States, half and half is a common liquid product produced by dairy companies in premixed form. It was invented by William A. Boutwell of Boutwell Dairy in Lake Worth Beach, Florida, which distributed the blend regionally between 1927 and 1956.[14][15][16]

In the United States, half-and-half must contain between 10.5 and 18 percent milkfat.[17] It is pasteurized or ultra-pasteurized, and may be homogenized."

Oh ok, thank you, I was curious. I think it can be related to 'Crema di latte' we have here....

There was NO ginger for sale in the market on Thirstday. Luckily my wife spotted some on a roadside stall yesterday. This lot was ฿ 50.00 (about £ 1.25).

I had just enough left in the freezer for the tikka masala. I'll clean up the new stuff and chop/mince it for freezing.

There was NO ginger for sale in the market on Thirstday. Luckily my wife spotted some on a roadside stall yesterday. This lot was ฿ 50.00 (about £ 1.25).

I had just enough left in the freezer for the tikka masala. I'll clean up the new stuff and chop/mince it for freezing.
I can buy a piece of ginger that's about the length of my middle finger, and it'll last me months!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom