What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were given these yesterday.

We had a banana tree in the yard back in Port Arthur. We cut it to the ground every winter (to keep it alive through the cold). The fruit we got was always that size. It never ripened. We never figured out why. It would just stay green until it would rot, and we would cut it off and toss it.

CD

Just getting a couple of essentials:

Milk
Half-and-half
Cheese (two kinds)
Bananas
Grapes
Cherry tomatoes
Basil
1/2 loaf bread
Potatoes

I laugh every time I see half and half on your list, every time I tell my wife we need cream, she always says, we don't need any more bloody cream, yet she eats my fluffy mash spuds, or eats my croquettes.

Russ

I laugh every time I see half and half on your list, every time I tell my wife we need cream, she always says, we don't need any more bloody cream, yet she eats my fluffy mash spuds, or eats my croquettes.

Russ
Half-and-half at our house is used almost exclusively for cups of tea. I usually use buttermilk for mashed potatoes, heavy cream in coffee, and milk in cereal.

Half-and-half at our house is used almost exclusively for cups of tea. I usually use buttermilk for mashed potatoes, heavy cream in coffee, and milk in cereal.

Never thought of buttermilk in mash spuds, I use a lot of butter and full cream. Taste alright? It must do if you do it? Full fat milk in cups of tea. I drink a lot of milk with cheese. Glass of milk with cheese on toast, toastys, omelettes.nachos.

Russ

Never thought of buttermilk in mash spuds, I use a lot of butter and full cream. Taste alright? It must do if you do it? Full fat milk in cups of tea. I drink a lot of milk with cheese. Glass of milk with cheese on toast, toastys, omelettes.nachos.

Russ
I don't drink plain milk at all. The thought is rather icky to me. 🤮

I don't drink plain milk at all. The thought is rather icky to me. 🤮

We were bought up with free milk to every child at school. A 300 ml bottle delivered to each person in the class every day. We also had hot cocoa every day in winter. Parents used to come in and make it. I had a friend when we were about 10, you had turns at delivering the milk,on a wee trolley. With a T handle for steering. The T handle fell and hit his head on the temple, he was sent home with a head ache. He died during the night. His brother went on to become a doctor because of it. He still practices, he's my younger bros dr.

Russ

Milk chocolate - should last me a couple of months if I can keep the wife away from it.

Lol, my wife keeps bars like that in a wee cubby hole in the kitchen, when we were shifting beds for carpet wife found about 6 wrappers under the bed. Mr8 slept in that bed when they were here.
We laughed.

Russ

Love that movie, I use the term roger that roger all the time.

Russ

When I worked in Shanghai in '99 I lived in the Equatorial Hotel. Next door was a bar serving food and with a pool table. Owner spoke very good English and the prices were less than half those being charged in the hotel. Much less formal also. It was called "Rodgers".

When I worked in Shanghai in '99 I lived in the Equatorial Hotel. Next door was a bar serving food and with a pool table. Owner spoke very good English and the prices were less than half those being charged in the hotel. Much less formal also. It was called "Rodgers".

My fave Aussie racehorse was called roger the cabin boy,lol. We have a horse here I find amusing. Anita pea,lol.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom