What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The cheesecake is for tomorrow (Valentine's Day) and I'm excited about the port because I've never had white port.

Now, this little dab of groceries, mostly fruit, came from the gourmet grocery. Care to guess how much that cost me? I'll even spot you the bottle of port, which was $25.

Including the port...$70!

View attachment 57286

The cheesecake is for tomorrow (Valentine's Day) and I'm excited about the port because I've never had white port.

Now, this little dab of groceries, mostly fruit, came from the gourmet grocery. Care to guess how much that cost me? I'll even spot you the bottle of port, which was $25.

Man, I hope you aren't going to be making something I was planning on making. Bit worried given a couple of your ingredients.

Reactions: mjd
Man, I hope you aren't going to be making something I was planning on making. Bit worried given a couple of your ingredients.
You're clear. All that fruit is for snacking. The port is just for general drinking, the cheesecake is our romantic dessert tomorrow, and the crackers are to replace some other crackers that taste like someone stored them in their underwear for a bit.

View attachment 57286

Gosh - I can buy that port for half that price here. Never tried white port. I'll be interested to know if it tastes very different from red.

View attachment 57286

Sandeman, that's real Porto, not just port. I'm a Porto aficionado, but have never heard of white Porto.

(The difference between Porto and port wine is the same as the difference between Champaign and sparking wine. Hence, the higher price.)

CD

Last edited:
Well, I got all the wines that I set out to find and buy.

I still have some stuff on my grocery list that I know would not fit in the fridge or that I could not find in this morning's shopping.

Cabbage
Celery
Cheese, Pepper Jack
Cloves
Croissants/Biscuits, Breakfast
Juice, Various
Manicotti, Large
Pepper Corns, Black
Persimmons
Polenta
Strawberries
Veal
Zuchini, Green
Zuchini, Yellow

Here are the current wines that I now have ...

Albarino, Condes de Albarei 750 ml
Cabernet, J Lohr 710 ml
Cabernet, Kendall-Jackson 750 ml
Chenin Blanc + Viognier, Pine Ridge 750 ml
Gewuerztraminer, Fetzer 750 ml
Pino Noir, Kendall-Jackson 750 ml
Syrah, Qupe' 750 ml

I was not able to find New Zealand green lipped mussels, so I got blacks (out of shell).

I'm bummed that I couldn't find Manicotti. It's important to one of my planned recipes. The Cloves and Peppercorns I need, but they were too expensive at the store I went to, so I'll order them online.

I still have some stuff on my grocery list that I know would not fit in the fridge or that I could not find in this morning's shopping.

Cabbage
Celery
Cheese, Pepper Jack
Cloves
Juice, Various
Manicotti, Large
Pepper Corns, Black
Persimmons
Polenta
Strawberries
Veal
Zuchini, Green
Zuchini, Yellow

Cabernet, J Lohr 710 ml
Syrah, Qupe' 750 ml

I was not able to find New Zealand green lipped mussels, so I got blacks (out of shell).

I'm bummed that I couldn't find Manicotti. It's important to one of my planned recipes. The Cloves and Peppercorns I need, but they were too expensive at the store I went to, so I'll order them online.

Had to look up Manicotti - I learned it is an American Italian pasta shape so I guess not available here.

Cabbage
Celery
Cheese, Pepper Jack
Cloves
Juice, Various
Manicotti, Large
Pepper Corns, Black
Persimmons
Polenta
Strawberries
Veal
Zuchini, Green
Zuchini, Yellow

Cabernet, J Lohr 710 ml
Syrah, Qupe' 750 ml

Odd that you couldn't find manicotti - it's pretty common in the US. Then again, since the pandemic, I find all sorts of things that shouldn't be gone are indeed out-of-stock.

I hate filling them, BTW!

Had to look up Manicotti - I learned it is an American Italian pasta shape so I guess not available here.

I found it online at a local Food Maxx super market and they are going to deliver it free with some other stuff I ordered at the same time, the peppercorns and cloves, plus more. I had to order a $10 minimum to get the free delivery.

I ordered three 8 Oz. boxes of mainicotti. Manicotti is similar to penne, but much larger, facilitating stuffing the tube shape of the pasta with a filling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom