What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have those if they were available here, but I have not been in Yorkshire since 2014. Will get them if I ever got a chance.

The expat shop here doesn't sell any licorice

I worked in Hebden near Grassington for a couple of years. And found a local shop in Grassington that sold both. I was in my element.

I've looked at mail order but the shipping costs to here are horrendous.

Do these class as ingredients?

Nothing earth-shattering:

I normally buy carrots with the tops on, but they were out this time around, so bagged had to do.

MrsT is heading to Florida on Saturday, so these are her provisions for the two-hour flight.

I don't like shredded cheese, but that's the only whole-milk mozzarella available locally.

I finally got some figs, - Mission black figs.

View attachment 70976
I'm been exceptionally fortunate with the property we are on now with it having 2 old fig trees that produce loads of figs . Now all I have to do is to train my husband to recognise the difference between fig puree and soup! (Last weekend he pulled a random container from the freezer for our evening meal.. it was not the soup he was hoping for but a container of fig compote... It's still in the fridge. I expect the chooks will get it today because I'm not certain exactly what I can currently do with it. It was meant for going with porridge only we're not eating porridge at the moment).

We're in need of a little squeezing of our budget, so we decided to use the Too good to go app as we're against food waste. We bought this lovely box of bakery products today:

It contains German bacon bread, whole grain bread, mixed bake off rolls, spiced cookies and chocolate chip cookies. Especially the bacon bread is a treat!
And only 5 euros for the whole lot. We love it!

I bought some sushi grade tuna today. I learned something new, too. My tuna purchase was frozen. I wanted fresh. But, to be sold as sushi grade tuna in the US, it must be frozen at a temperature of -4F/-20C for 7 days, in order to kill almost all parasites -- not 100-percent, but it is considered safe.

Tuna to be cooked does not require that. I don't know how it is sorted out, as to whether it will be cooked, or not, but to have the label of "sushi-grade," it must meet that standard.

I did some research, and found out it is not a problem. Buying mine still frozen is not a bad thing. I can thaw it out right before I use it, which is a good thing.

With the nut jobs buying up all the Ivermectin for Covid (doesn't work), I don't need any parasites right now (what it was made to treat).

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom