What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always had to go to "the big Kroger" 40 minutes away to get it or pancetta. It's the Private Selection brand, which will do in a pinch.

Still can't get pancetta in town, but maybe soon.

I'll have to look again to be sure, but I believe my local Kroger has Boar's Head Pancetta, too. Now, no place near me has guanciale.

CD

I'll have to look again to be sure, but I believe my local Kroger has Boar's Head Pancetta, too. Now, no place near me has guanciale.

CD
I can get guanciale if I go to the gourmet shop (also 40 minutes) or the international market (more like 50 minutes). I can also get it at a couple of places in downtown Cincy, and that's closer to an hour.

Some british goods I was gifted 😊

I drink stuff like Lucozade & Aquarius once a week because the extra electrolytes and isotones are recommended for people who don't have a colon.
Unfortunately Lucozade isn't sold where I live, because I prefer it highly above Aquarius. But I can only get it infrequently, especially since Brexit so I am very happy with this big pack.

I can´t remember which Kroger´s we went to last time in Cinci, but the pastrami was so, so good, I bought 2 lbs of it!

I would prefer Boar's Head pastrami, as well as Boar's Head for a number of other cold cuts. The store was out of Boar's Head pastrami, so I got something called Primo Taglio pastrami.

full.jpg

It was OK.

I just got some wonder stuff delivered, 4 items.

Unagi BBQ Eel.
Kumamoto Oysters
Florida Spiny Lobster

full.jpg

Tobiko Orange Flying Fish Roe

full.jpg

I apologize for not including photos of the Unagi or the Oysters. It just wasn't convenient at this time to do that.

Time to go for groceries ...

Beverages:

Beer, Dark Maerzen
Orange Juice

Dairy:

Cheese, Cream
Cheese, Havarti
Cheese, Shredded Blend
Cheese, Swiss
Half n half
Ice Cream, (Toffee or Vanilla)

Fruit:

Apple Sauce
Apples
Dates, Medjool
Guava
Persimmons
Pomegranate
* Something New * (Durian, Feijoa, Star Fruit, Sapodilla)

Meat:

Crab, Dungeness
Lamb, Stewing

Processed Foods:

Pizza Rolls, Pepperoni or Combination

Sweets:

Toblerone Candy Bar
Toffee (I'll make my own toffee ice cream)

Vegetables:

Endives
Peppers, Serrano
Tomatos, Roma

Specialty Items:

Mirugai (Giant Pacific Geoduck Clam)
Uni (if I can find it)

Exotic or Online Food Items:

Frog Legs
Mushrooms, Enoki
Pheasant
Tuna, Bluefin, Belly Meat