What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The halal butchers I go to are super friendly. They bend over backwards to help me. I wouldn't even consider going into a Scottish owned shop. May ad well be swahili??

Russ

The halal butchers I go to are super friendly. They bend over backwards to help me. I wouldn't even consider going into a Scottish owned shop. May ad well be swahili??

Russ

The halal butcher close to me did not even acknowledge my existence when I walked in their store. I figure, "Screw that, I'll take my money elsewhere."

CD

The only thing I bought today was a case of beer.
An absolute necessity in order to watch the UEFA Champions League Cup Final!

I've been to (through, actually) Manchester, but my family came to the US from Torino (Turin), which is near Milano (Milan). I'm not a big soccer (football) fan, but I guess I have to lean toward Inter Milan for the win. 🤷‍♂️

CD

Quick stop on the way back from the German fest:

IMG_4671.jpeg

Those chocs are mine - new flavor.

I went to Earth Fare (healthy food grocer) today and scored some good deals. They had grass-fed filet for $15.99 lb, fresh wild-caught American grouper for $19.99 lb, and fresh dry-packed diver scallops for $19.99 lb. I had 1,000 points on my loyalty card which equals $10 off plus an email coupon for $10 off a $50 purchase. The subtotal was $53 and change and I paid $33 and change. Score!

Here's the filets in a soy-based marinade:
20230611_175540.jpg

It is in a cryovac package, so I put it in the freezer whole. I think I'm going to smoke this one. I'll decide later.

CD
Yeah, I saw it was in cryovac but that's a lot of meat and I know you have a vacuum sealer, so wasn't sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom