What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
More apples from the garden:

Today was my first pick up from the farm co-op:

I have no idea how I'm going to eat all that.
One mouthful at a time.

Great haul! Focus on the lettuce, kale and carrots - the rest will keep for a while. Kale and carrot soup alongside a lettuce sandwich?

Oh my, you TastyReuben and MypinchofItaly are giving me serious London nostalgia. Those big boxes with an assortment of different chocolates are a dream. This week I successfully kept myself from ordering cookies and tea from Fortnum & Mason not only were the items expensive the delivery cost was 15£. But the delivery costs from Hotel Chocolat are "only" 9,95£ and they guarantee 100% happiness. I'm thinking...

We have a Godiva chocolates shop in our town mall. They are expensive. Do you have those over there?

CD

We have two local Chocolatiers, Hoffman's and Jimmie's. Both make excellent truffle's. The best of the commercial brands, IMO, is Sarah See's, now called See's Candies. I first had them in the mid '70s.

We have a See's Candies in our mall, too, about 100 yards from Godiva. See's chocolates are good, and more reasonably priced.

CD

Today was my first pick up from the farm co-op:

I have no idea how I'm going to eat all that.

That is a lot of veg. Squash, pumpkin, onions, carrots and sweet potatoes fortunately, keep for ages. With spinach, if I don't use it straight away, I cook it and store (I generally microwave it and squeeze out all the water). It will then last a week in a box in the fridge.

European companies bought our beer companies, so we are even. :wink:
Doggers mate you benefited from our vastly superior knowledge of brewing. What did Kraft bring to Terry's 250 yrs history of chocolate making, a processed cheese slice ? :okay:
Actually it was a classic piece of accent stripping that Trump and myself would have been proud of. " The decision, which will also free the large, clock-towered factory site next to York racecourse for potentially lucrative redevelopment, was condemned as "terrible news for the city" by York city council's chief executive, David Atkinson." The unlisted part of the site was sold for £26 million in 2006.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom