What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In response to a reply to my "Missing from Grain Bag" thread, I have just ordered ...

Red Rice
Black Rice

and some Spaetzle Dumplings.

Tomorrow, I go grocery shopping to get some things for Thanksgiving.

Amaretti biscuits and a piece of pumpkin... I’m thinking to something savoury to make though...

Today's grocery delivery day, and we've got:

Cabbage
Carrots
Snack peppers
Pumpkin
Green beans
Apples
Limes
Figs
Chillies
Olives
Ghee
Milk (whole)
Vanilla quark
Mild farmer's cheese
Eggs
Salami finocchiona
Chicken breast
Crayfish
Shrimp
Tofu
Potatoes
Bread flour
Whole wheat bread
Golden syrup
Apple cider
Frozen mini pizza's
Cornflakes mix

Today I went into the nearby city and purchased:

Store #1:
Pancetta - for pasta carbonara
Ground pack of frozen "Beyond Meat" fake beef - for a taste test comparison in a week or such.
Fage whole milk Greek yogurt - for a Greek yogurt cake.
Puff pastry - well, you never know....
Smoked gravlax (salmon) - personal treat.
1 dozen organic free ranged eggs - I'm not getting many chicken eggs right now, and the cake requires FIVE. Plus I need some yolks for the pasta carbonara.
Fresh mozzarella - for eggplant "pizzas".
Fresh pasta fettuccini - for the pasta carbonara.
Greek extra virgin olive oil - many purposes.
Unsalted butter
Salted butter
3 lemons. One goes in that cake.
Watercress, Just because. Well, because I had to open up a couple of those thin produce bags and since we can't lick our fingers with masks on to get them open - the watercress was damp. SO I got that for such a purpose. It will end up in a salad.
1 avocado. Just because.
Some cremini mushrooms. Partially for the eggplant "pizzas".
1 orange. For the cake.
Pecorino Romano - mostly for the pasta carbonara
2 store-made individual Spanakopita servings - probably dinner tonight.

Store #2:
Fresh Mint (for decor on top of the Greek yogurt cake)
Self Rising Flour (for that cake) - they didn't have any at the first place.
Rum - potential self-medication. See: News.

Senior Center: I picked up the lunch meal for today: baked fish sandwich (the bread is going to the chickens), string beans, clam chowder, 1 apple.

Home gains:
So far, 1 quail egg. I will likely have a couple more. I expect one or two chicken eggs, but no eggs is also possible.

Strawberries, lime, organic lemons, a huge Spanish pomegranate, mangos, bananas, yellow tiny plum tomatoes, local cabbage, organic pears, avocados, clementines, dill, green bell pepper, jalapeños, potatoes, pike-perch fillets, chicken wings for KFC (the legs/thighs seemed too big for my pan),

organic salted butter, a pack of caster sugar, baking powder, baking soda and vanilla sugar, rye & seed + oat & wheat bread (local folded 4-pack double-pieces), cold cut reindeer (cold smoked), yoghurt, heavy milk, skimmed milk, orange juice, apple & ginger juice, cottage cheese,

canned mandarin slices, corn flour, smoked paprika, onion powder, vanilla ice cream, frozen potato flakes (for quick mash), takeaway shrimp salad with dressing, pickled herring in ginger & juniper berry sauce, chili-ginger BBQ sauce, pre-made kimchi (pickled cabbage and chili) and small toffee/taffy cakes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom