What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today? (2018-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Never tried them, but just pulled up their website. They seem a decent operation - family run farm with decent welfare standards and good traceability. Online price for sausage here is around £9/kilo. They also do bacon, burgers and hams, all produced in their on-farm butchery. I would give them a try.

My wife purchased 500 gms of Wicks Manor sausage on behalf of my mate and myself. Fortunately, she bought the pork and apple and not the Olde English. (I've had a report that the Olde English were not good - but maybe a bad batch?).

My mate cooked his yesterday and reported this morning that he "liked them". I therefore decided to try a couple of mine (he had 4, I had 3). I cooked them in the air fryer brushed with a little olive oil (I have yet to obtain a spray) and served them with air fried frozen chips. I also found them good but maybe not £12.00/kg good.

The jury is still out.

I'm slowly working my way through our 5 pound tub. Made tiramisu last. Once that is eaten, I'm going to make a cannoli cake using a ricotta/mascarpone filling/frosting. Got the idea from a TV show. Vanilla and chocolate cake layers, the above filling/frosting, a dark chocolate ganache pour over the top, and broken cannoli shells as garnish.

I'm slowly working my way through our 5 pound tub. Made tiramisu last. Once that is eaten, I'm going to make a cannoli cake using a ricotta/mascarpone filling/frosting. Got the idea from a TV show. Vanilla and chocolate cake layers, the above filling/frosting, a dark chocolate ganache pour over the top, and broken cannoli shells as garnish.

I now increasingly use mascarpone mixed with ricotta or even just ricotta when making Tiramisu, unless they ask for the original version, and then I give in to 100% mascarpone.
I recently made Gorgonzola-Mascarpone cake with walnuts which was really tasty but I had to eat air for the next few days.

Damn. I'm running low on Onions. It's time to go to the grocer soon.

Agave Syrup
Bananas
Butter
Canadian Bacon
Canteloupe
Celery
Cocoa Butter
Cocoa Powder
Breakfast Biscuits
Breakfast Croissants
Cheese, Gouda
Cheese, Pepper Jack
Cheese, Swiss
Chives
Coffee Creamer
Eggs
Juice, Various
Mushrooms, Morels
Mushrooms, Chanterelle
Mussels, New Zealand
Onion, Purple
Onions, Sweet
Persimmons
Pork, Chops, Thick
Pot Pies
Potatoes, Gold
Potatoes, Sweet (Yams)
Radicchio
Salami, Sopressata
Scallops
Sausages
Tomatoes, Roma
Truffles, Black
Veal
Zucchini, Green
Zucchini, Yellow

A square white porcelain plate for photographing certain foods.

I don't expect to get everything on this list in the first trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom