What's the best cut of meat?

That is a fancy name for a cut from the top sirloin. If they call it top sirloin, they can't charge 26-bucks for it. :laugh:

CD
Good to know Dawg! I'm not the biggest fan of Top or otherwise Sirloin.
And for $26 that's no bueno to me, even with the 2 amazing side!
Sirloin to me is, how can I say, gamey?

We went to a new-to-us restaurant recently that lists a Culotte Steak - I had never heard of that before and frankly I was a bit intimated to order it.
"8 OZ. CULOTTE STEAK*
garlic, soy and honey marinated $26
"

$26 USD is a bit much to spend and then not like it! Well, it does include 2 sides and theirs's are amazing.
Culotte is pants in French..lol..You had Pants Steak..

Like yorky beef Wellington first choice but my standard is fillet/ tenderloin
Cooked blue with garlic sauce. ( I lovd my own home made) or mushroom sauce.

Russ

My absolute favorite mammal has got to be goat. See cuts as for lamb.

Lamb: Shoulder cut, shank. Shoulder can be medium rare or braised. Shank should be braised.

Beef: I'm big on several of these:

> Bone in ribeye. (I don't see any point to the tomahawk cut, though - stupid long bone sticking out of it from which all the meat has been scraped off and wasted.)
> Hangar steak
> NY Strip steak
> Flank, skirt, hangar steaks.
All the above cooked medium rare, either in a skillet or on the grill. Thick cuts are great sous vide, with reverse searing.

> Korean-cut short ribs, made as Korean Galbi.
> Brisket, cooked all day in a slow cooker, with tasty seasonings.
> Tongue, which can be cooked several different ways.

Pork: Picnic roast, butt roast, country-style ribs. (These are all by the shoulder). Pork belly. Head cheese. Pork tenderloin sous vide for good temperature/tenderness control.

Filet mignon is over-rated. Sure, it is tender, but it lacks the flavor of so many other cuts!!

In my opinion rump is the tastiest. Our steak fondue parties in the UK always included rump, and it was normally Aberdeen Angus.

Back
Top Bottom