Who still does Old-fashioned cooking?

Yes, but in order to get recipes or instructions, they make it so that you have to pair them with your smart phone. They're making them like that now. Even washers & dryers as well. Supposedly new technology now!! :eek:

My washing machine, air fryer and slow cooker/multi oven thing pair with my phone but none of them have to. It would be a major design flaw to have equipment that you couldn’t operate if you lost your phone or the battery was flat. Review wise a product like that wouldn’t last five mins.

I paired the air fryer to try it out and hated it. Who needs more alerts in their life?! If its time sensitive Ill set a timer.

The only exception I make to my ‘turn off the s8ddin peep noises’ rule is my Meater oven thermometer. That is worth pairing and using. It’s mostly absolutely bang on and saves me opening the oven door to test food, a method that only serves to extend the cooking time by letting the heat out of the oven and increasing your fuel consumption.. although the low tech poke it with a fork method I mostly use is fast 😆

This is one gadget I enjoy using.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MEATER-The...qid=1684664346&sprefix=meater+,aps,171&sr=8-3

The connectivity is not as good as it says and it’s a wee learning curve especially in the trust department but it takes into account the meats internal temp and your ovens performance (especially if you have other dishes in there) in a way you can’t without opening the door to check, often more than once, slowing everything down.

I find timing the cooking of other foods with it much easier. It’s much easier to say when food will be ready too and that frees up your time to do something else, like sit down and waste time on the internet 😆

I had no idea that you could "pair" certain kitchen gadgets with your handphones. My handphone is "paired" with my laptop and that's it. I cannot really see the point of having the handphone control kitchen gadgets.

I had no idea that you could "pair" certain kitchen gadgets with your handphones. My handphone is "paired" with my laptop and that's it. I cannot really see the point of having the handphone control kitchen gadgets.
Oh, there’s smart everything now. I was at the DIY store and they had a washer-dryer set on display that was phone-controlled, as well as a riding lawn mower.

My garage door opener is pairable, which I did when I first got it, but the very next power outage cleared all the settings on the opener, and I haven’t bothered to re-pair/repair it, and that’s been a few years ago.

I tried making a call with my Vitamix, but the reception was a little…choppy.

I’ll see myself out… :wink:
Yeah, please do.

Seems that the Android version of the app was discontinued quite a number of years ago... about the same time as I got my A3500i which is probably why I've no recollection of it! It's certainly not in any of the literature I've seen in Australia. They do still update the ios version but I only have an ipod air, and to be honest the screen on that is hardly any bigger than the controls on the blender....
It seems to be more useful if you have the (potentially) discontinued vitamix scales?

The jugs all have Bluetooth technology in them. They can tell when the lid isn't on and also which jug is on and even if the base isn't screwed in well enough of the smaller smoothie maker jugs (or grinding jugs). Unless things line up and the light signal can go all the way around, you can't use the device. This has stumped hubby a number of times. "Why's it go a no every sign in it? " lol.

Oh, there’s smart everything now. I was at the DIY store and they had a washer-dryer set on display that was phone-controlled, as well as a riding lawn mower.

My garage door opener is pairable, which I did when I first got it, but the very next power outage cleared all the settings on the opener, and I haven’t bothered to re-pair/repair it, and that’s been a few years ago.

I would like to have a remote control for our gate but given that it's not electrically operated that would not be realistic. There's also the problem with one of the dogs getting out - we have to put the lead on her when the gate is open (she chases motorbikes).

My washing machine, air fryer and slow cooker/multi oven thing pair with my phone but none of them have to. It would be a major design flaw to have equipment that you couldn’t operate if you lost your phone or the battery was flat. Review wise a product like that wouldn’t last five mins.

I paired the air fryer to try it out and hated it. Who needs more alerts in their life?! If its time sensitive Ill set a timer.

The only exception I make to my ‘turn off the s8ddin peep noises’ rule is my Meater oven thermometer. That is worth pairing and using. It’s mostly absolutely bang on and saves me opening the oven door to test food, a method that only serves to extend the cooking time by letting the heat out of the oven and increasing your fuel consumption.. although the low tech poke it with a fork method I mostly use is fast 😆

This is one gadget I enjoy using.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MEATER-Thermometer-Rotisserie-Bluetooth-Connectivity/dp/B07H8WTFHW/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3R6T287NVIQ2F&keywords=Meater&qid=1684664346&sprefix=meater+,aps,171&sr=8-3

The connectivity is not as good as it says and it’s a wee learning curve especially in the trust department but it takes into account the meats internal temp and your ovens performance (especially if you have other dishes in there) in a way you can’t without opening the door to check, often more than once, slowing everything down.

I find timing the cooking of other foods with it much easier. It’s much easier to say when food will be ready too and that frees up your time to do something else, like sit down and waste time on the internet 😆

I have a Meater thermometer, and connectivity is a serious problem. The probe has to be absolutely shiny clean. Any smoke residue from outdoor cooking with charcoal or wood will keep it from pairing. I sometimes have to use 2,000 grit sandpaper to wet sand the probe.

It also has a range of about three feet. So I have to leave my iPhone near the cooking device. I can't carry it around in my pocket, like they indicated I could.

Competing devices are emerging, so Meater soon face competitors that work better, and probably cost less.

CD

I would like to have a remote control for our gate but given that it's not electrically operated that would not be realistic. There's also the problem with one of the dogs getting out - we have to put the lead on her when the gate is open (she chases motorbikes).

My driveway gate is powered, and has a remote. It also works with the HomeLink system built into my car. There is an optional phone link module, but I'm not interested.

CD

I have a Meater thermometer, and connectivity is a serious problem. The probe has to be absolutely shiny clean. Any smoke residue from outdoor cooking with charcoal or wood will keep it from pairing. I sometimes have to use 2,000 grit sandpaper to wet sand the probe.

It also has a range of about three feet. So I have to leave my iPhone near the cooking device. I can't carry it around in my pocket, like they indicated I could.

Competing devices are emerging, so Meater soon face competitors that work better, and probably cost less.

CD
Sounds like the first iteration.
They’re better now.
I just wipe the probe clean and the jobs a good’n.

But I do leave another linked device (usually an old iPhone) next to the oven as it can’t cope through brick wall at a distance.

Sounds like the first iteration.
They’re better now.
I just wipe the probe clean and the jobs a good’n.

But I do leave another linked device (usually an old iPhone) next to the oven as it can’t cope through brick wall at a distance.

If Meater wants to make me a killer deal to upgrade, I'd give it a try. I do like how it works... when it works. But, I'm not paying full retail to move up to a product that does what it was supposed to do before.

CD

Back
Top Bottom