Who still does Old-fashioned cooking?

All of that "paired up" stuff is not for me.
Mostly I have to deal with internet and cell phone signal going from 2G going to 3G and back.

It's really not for me either!! The only things that should be paired to the phones are Bluetooth speakers & Bluetooth headphones & music!! :ninja:

Last edited:
It's really not for me either!! The only things that should be paired to the phones are Bluetooth speakers & Bluetooth headphones& music!! :ninja:

My wireless keyboard and wireless mouse are bluetooth, and I do like that. My car also connects to my iPhone via bluetooth. I have mixed feelings about that.

I like the concept of my Meater wireless meat thermometer. It just doesn't work as well as it should. The idea is that I can walk around the house/yard with my iPhone in my pocket, and be able to check the progress on my cook in the oven or smoker. But in reality, I have about six feet of mobility without losing my connection.

CD

My wireless keyboard and wireless mouse are bluetooth, and I do like that. My car also connects to my iPhone via bluetooth. I have mixed feelings about that.

I like the concept of my Meater wireless meat thermometer. It just doesn't work as well as it should. The idea is that I can walk around the house/yard with my iPhone in my pocket, and be able to check the progress on my cook in the oven or smoker. But in reality, I have about six feet of mobility without losing my connection.

CD
I’m guessing you haven‘t got a second device you could pair to one left next to it?

Either way it’s not really on selling it under the pretence you can walk away when in reality you will lose the connection.

CD

That's right!! Cars are also paired with smart phones to be able to take advantage of your new car's features. :whistling:

Speaking of devices. I went upstairs at 9pm and we started watching restaurant impossible when a line appeared on the tv to nust kept getting bigger then nothing. It's a LG 55 inch about 3? Years old.
I reset everything. TV is kaput. Wifes ringing place where we got it.
I expect another bill?

Russ

Speaking of devices. I went upstairs at 9pm and we started watching restaurant impossible when a line appeared on the tv to nust kept getting bigger then nothing. It's a LG 55 inch about 3? Years old.
I expect another bill?

Russ

My TV in the bedroom is an LG!!! 55-inches. I hope that mine doesn't crap out!!!! LG is supposed to be a very good brand!!:eek:

I expect another bill?

Russ
We had one that developed a single pixels width red vertical line. It stayed like that for about 2 years, then a blue one appeared and not long after a yellow (iirc) one. It was at that point I decided we were treating ourselves to a new one. Ours was a Sony Bravia that was a similar age, about 3 years old when the first line appeared. We finally joined the "modern world" and got a smart TV a couple of years ago.

I had no idea that you could "pair" certain kitchen gadgets with your handphones. My handphone is "paired" with my laptop and that's it. I cannot really see the point of having the handphone control kitchen gadgets.

I was wrong. My handphone is also paired with our carcam because the carcam doesn't have a screen.

I expect another bill?

Russ

Update : wife rings smiths where we bought this. Seems she is very clever.
She bought the extra warranty which runs out next February. Yay. Bit of paperwork and we have a new tv.

I wouldn't have taken that extra insurance. Lol

Russ

Update : wife rings smiths where we bought this. Seems she is very clever.
She bought the extra warranty which runs out next February. Yay. Bit of paperwork and we have a new tv.

I wouldn't have taken that extra insurance. Lol

Russ

I only get the extra insurance on expensive items that are prone to problems... like flat screen TVs.

CD

We had one that developed a single pixels width red vertical line. It stayed like that for about 2 years, then a blue one appeared and not long after a yellow (iirc) one. It was at that point I decided we were treating ourselves to a new one. Ours was a Sony Bravia that was a similar age, about 3 years old when the first line appeared. We finally joined the "modern world" and got a smart TV a couple of years ago.

That's what mine in the living room is - a 26-inch Sony Bravia. But I've had it since '08 & it still works! It was my first flat screen. So if it craps out, I'll just buy another one the same size!! :whistling:

Last edited:
That's what mine in the living room is - a 26-inch Sony Bravia. But I've had it since '08 & it still works! It was my fist flat screen. So if it craps out, I'll just buy another one the same size!! :whistling:
You'll struggle to find the same size. It was a 26 inch one that developed that fault. Luckily we do actually sit a long way off from the TV...
We stayed with Sony, and matt screens. I hate glossy TV screens...

16848333966322630977525374986097.jpg

That's on 1× zoom if that makes sense (I have a 0.5× as well)... the stuff on the floor are blankets for when it's colder in the evenings. The fire is lit, is just on low with a slow burn, so no colour and no flame. )

Back
Top Bottom