Your most hated part of cooking

If there is a chef that demands mayo be made by hand, then imo that person isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.
This was a Michelin starred restaurant, I will have to disagree. It was only serving limited customers each evening.
I have only been there to train a few days, I have not worked on Michelin star level.

Of course this does not apply when you need speed and volume. I worked catering so most of the time we bought things like mayo already prepped in the restaurant supply store.

This was a Michelin starred restaurant, I will have to disagree. It was only serving limited customers each evening.
I have only been there to train a few days, I have not worked on Michelin star level.

Of course this does not apply when you need speed and volume. I worked catering so most of the time we bought things like mayo already prepped in the restaurant supply store.
Made by hand mayonnaise is not Michelin Star level, it's just mayo. Some chefs feel better doing this kind of thing when it's not needed or makes a difference, except you use more equipment, takes longer which translates into higher food costs. The chef is virtual signaling. imo

Made by hand mayonnaise is not Michelin Star level, it's just mayo. Some chefs feel better doing this kind of thing when it's not needed or makes a difference, except you use more equipment, takes longer which translates into higher food costs. The chef is virtual signaling. imo
I was not assigning value to it, you are. I just stated what I observed.

I thought you were disagreeing with me by saying it was Michelin starred, but ok, cheers! :)
No I was disagreeing with you about the chef being not very smart :wink: glad we got that sorted. I understand the confusion :okay:

I am sure it's purely about putting on a show, but that doesn't mean he was not a good chef. That was my point. So we agree.

No I was disagreeing with you about the chef being not very smart :wink: glad we got that sorted. I understand the confusion :okay:

I am sure it's purely about putting on a show, but that doesn't mean he was not a good chef. That was my point. So we agree.
Well if that is what they're actually doing then I'll stick by my comment.

I think I've mentioned this somewhere else before, but I absolutely hate prepping raw chicken!
It's slimy and messy, and in my head I envision little salmonella dancing across my cutting mat and splattering about. I have food prep gloves I use because I hate touching it.

I side you TastyReuben ! I find it very annoying to have to remove stuff from the dishwasher because I need to use it. The next dishwasher cycle is just a couple days away, I don't like sticking my hand in there and if I wanted to wash stuff by hand everyday I wouldn't need a dishwasher! :laugh:
Things I may need to use before the DW runs: Maybe a skillet - if it is something that I'm not going to use the cast iron for (or it is already in use) and the measuring cup. Not a major deal tbh, to just clean that. Maybe I need a second measuring cup?

I know realistically that raw meat is mostly all like that, but beef doesn't bother me or feel slimy. And actually I use gloves for all raw meat.
It's mostly in raw poultry and is killed when cooked. Cross contamination is the problem so it's just important to use a separate cutting board and disinfect before you store the board. No biggy but we need to be aware.

It's mostly in raw poultry and is killed when cooked. Cross contamination is the problem so it's just important to use a separate cutting board and disinfect before you store the board. No biggy but we need to be aware.
Yep, cross-contamination is my fear. There's always tiny bits of blood and chicken fat that end up falling out of the cutting board so I always need to properly clean the countertop and the sink after prepping chicken.

I have a regular large cutting board which never sees any raw meat or fish.

I have a separate cutting board (actually a couple) - one of which is dedicated to raw poultry only - it is bamboo and cleans up easily with hot water and soap and a good scrubbie. I am also anal about hand washing while dealing with raw chicken. I don't use gloves - okay, I did some years ago when we had a couple long term power outages, and i had chicken in the fridge that needed eating. Either that, or it was going to get tossed. I prepped it with disposable gloves on, and removed each pair every time I had to handle something else. Grilled up nicely, though.

Back
Top Bottom