The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Bread

View attachment 17198

Puttanesca Rolls.

I was going to make puttanesca style pasta, and then I remembered I hadn’t entered anything in the cooking challenge yet. So, an idea was born.

I decided to combine all the classic elements of that pasta preparation – olives, capers, achovies, tomatoes, and garlic - And see what would happen if they were baked into a bread. I purposely made them flat, so I could use them as a sandwich bun. And, the look is like a very savory panettone. Directions will be provided later.

They look very pretty.

Sourdough Dill and Parsley Dumplings with Spicy Sauce

fullsizeoutput_35ac.jpeg

Apologies for the late attendance. I've not been too well these last few days. I'm not going to be able to look through all the entries until this time tomorrow at least (possibly 2 days from now) I've gone down with bronchitis. They can hear it on my chest but it's not showing on X-ray thankfully so caught it early.

So that means if anyone wants to enter anything else... You've still got time. I'll extend the deadline to the weekend. Physio is keeping me exhausted as well which isn't helping, so looking through all of the entries is really going to keep me busy.

I have to say that I've been very pleasantly surprised by the entries with the difficult challenge ingredient I set.

I've only been able to cook and eat one of them due to being in hospital at present, but it hasn't stopped me imagining what others would taste like even adapted to a vegetarian minus dairy diet.

Note worthy runner ups include
But the one that has really caught my attention and will get modified to be tried at home at a later date is the winning recipe.
@CraigC your mushroom bread pudding really caught my attention because I simply adore mushrooms. Congratulations.

Back
Top Bottom