The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Bread

Didn't' have time Friday and now away from home but still have plans. Next week sometime.
Ah! I must make this now I'm back.

Before I went away I made a version of a Mumbai sandwich which was certainly something to make again and play around with flavours more.(I'll post recipe. ..)

Ah! I must make this now I'm back.

Before I went away I made a version of a Mumbai sandwich which was certainly something to make again and play around with flavours more.(I'll post recipe. ..)
I love a Mumbai sandwich. I had one for my lunch a couple of days ago. Unfortunately I can't post the recipe for my one as I'd already posted it before.

The mushroom bread pudding Craig mentioned on page 2 of this thread. It was made with a homemade rustic white bread from the freezer that I had made previously for bread cubes for fondue and homemade croutons.

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/mushroom-bread-pudding.12929/

2018-06-17 17.19.18.jpg

Would something like Takoyaki qualify for this challenge? I'm not sure if I'm crazy enough to try it, but I am wondering if "recipes that create a bread-like result" fall under this umbrella.
Don't think it really falls under the banner of bread because it's a batter that doesn't use yeast, buttermilk or some other slow raising agent. If I allowed it then things like beer batter chips (UK ones) would be permitted which are not.

Having looked up the ingredients to make it from scratch, it's no more than a wholemeal (savoury) pancake recipe really.
Dashi-flavored batter
Very simple. It’s a mixture of Japanese stock Dashi, all-purpose flour, baking powder, eggs, salt, and soy sauce.
So I'm afraid it doesn't qualify.
I'm looking for bread, classic or otherwise, flat breads, unleavened breads or regional ethnic bread (such as Irish soda, Aussie damper, Ethiopian injera or similar) either making them or using them within a recipe.

2F77B636-5F6B-4D92-A47B-6DF95ED62074.jpeg

Puttanesca Rolls.

I was going to make puttanesca style pasta, and then I remembered I hadn’t entered anything in the cooking challenge yet. So, an idea was born.

I decided to combine all the classic elements of that pasta preparation – olives, capers, achovies, tomatoes, and garlic - And see what would happen if they were baked into a bread. I purposely made them flat, so I could use them as a sandwich bun. And, the look is like a very savory panettone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom