The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Vinegar

Since moving to the Midlands (England) I have found that this is quite a traditional Sunday teatime dish, but here they add onions. I told my Mum and she said she always had it for Sunday tea if someone was visiting - it was a 'posh tea' (but onion-less like your recipe) and was served with tinned salmon. Ive recently added this recipe to my repertoire but don't leave it for a posh Sunday tea :hungry:

I gave up on "posh Sunday teas" a long while ago. The mutt and the cats do not appreciate it and want their normal meals at their normal times :laugh:

I realized last night that I did make a dish with a large amount of vinegar this week.

Chinese black vinegar at that. It's in the Kung Pao Chicken I made the other night.

It's not my own recipe though. It's from a blog.

I realized last night that I did make a dish with a large amount of vinegar this week.

Chinese black vinegar at that. It's in the Kung Pao Chicken I made the other night.

It's not my own recipe though. It's from a blog.

That's allowed as long as you credit it to the blogger, of course. If you can post it as a Recipe in a new thread it will be an entry.

Pork Cassoulet:

20170703_190556.jpg

It's already Saturday here so I've made a provisional list of the entries (although not sure that Frizz's Kung Pao Chicken is intended to be an entry). I believe I have every entry listed but if you spot an omission, please let me know. I'll check here again after Hungary qualifying.

@SatNavSaysStraightOn : Vinegar Frontier Pie
@SatNavSaysStraightOn : Greek Mushroom Stifatho
@Lynne Guinne : Crock Dill Pickles
@The Late Night Gourmet : Mango Pomegranate Chutney
@MypinchofItaly : Piedmont Green Sauce
@The Late Night Gourmet : Curried Pickled Red Onions
@Elawin : Apple Chutney
@Elawin : Light and Fast Cucumber Pickle
@Elawin : Dark and Spiced Cucumber Pickle
@Elawin : Fiery Thai Cucumber Pickle
@MypinchofItaly : Tuscan Panzanella
@The Late Night Gourmet : Kimchi with Red Cabbage and Brussels Sprouts
@The Late Night Gourmet : Low Sodium Pork Fried Rice
@Herbie : Hot Apple Pickle
@Frizz1974 : Kung Pao Chicken (?)
@epicuric : Bourbon Sauce
@morning glory : Pork Cassoulet

Last edited:
Currently just under 4 hours to go. The quickest way to see entries listed is to click on the cookingbites recipe challenge tag (assuming the recipes are correctly tagged). This way you can easily click on each recipe in turn to look at it through the live link.

Some of the recipes you listed above do not have the tag - I will go through and check. And if time I have one more entry!

Back
Top Bottom