What did you cook, eat or drink today (December 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just did a quick search, yes we can grow here. I will ask at my garden centre. If they have them , I will buy to try it. I see they say to grind them up.

Russ

You don't need to grind them finely. They are quite soft berries and a little goes a long way - a pine taste.

Brown sugar, flour, eggs, evaporated milk, vanilla. It makes a brown sugar custard

Last edited:
Last night's Mushroom and Potato Masala:

fullsizeoutput_3f32.jpeg

Using food we have here as we head away on our 12 day holiday in Moutere valley tomorrow.It's an idyllic area with rivers and bush. We've been there last few years. Grandkids love it there. Our son is taking his quad bike for taking kids for rides. Taking bikes etc up as well. It's about 4 hrs north of me. So no eggs no bread. Think there's some frozen bread in freezer, maybe tomatoes on toast today.

Russ

It’s been prawns, turkey, ham and roast pork for days with garden salads, potato salad, cherries, watermelon & pineapple plus bread.

I made Ottolenghi’s cinnamon rice pudding with cherry compote as a make ahead dessert but it was a fail. I really should have adjusted the recipe to make the rice sloppier. It set hard in the fridge.

We are having middle eastern for dinner tonight so I will tip them all into a pot with extra milk and serve it warm as a sweet cherry risotto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom