What did you cook, eat or drink today (November 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmm, not to mention the salad with Kalamatas and shrimp.

Recipe, please?
So few people I know like anchovies.
It's a classic recipe..minced garlic and anchovies in olive oil, the anchovies melt away, add a bit of crushed red chili...set aside.
Get your pasta going, and fry bread crumbs in butter until browned..careful not to burn them..salt, pepper..
When pasta is al dente, add to the pan of oil and garlic. Turn heat back on, and add a bit of pasta water until it gets absorbed by the noodles..just before serving, sprinkle half of the bread crumbs and toss them in with the pasta..divide into bowls and add fresh parsley and some parmesan or romano..Note: those brown bits aren't anchovies..they are the bread crumbs..the anchovies totally melt away enriching the oil and adding a depth of flavor like nothing else..
There are many recipes for this on line..you may find one that suits you better..

Yes I resisted the third meatball.

I like anchovies too, in the background, but not front and center as a taste.

No need to cook the sausages first, but you need to use streaky bacon otherwise it will unravel. Honey would work. I sometimes smear a little English mustard on the sausage before wrapping.

I use streaky bacon to wrap pork loin occasionally. And drizzle the honey. The pork is fried first.

5 s.jpg

It's a classic recipe..minced garlic and anchovies in olive oil, the anchovies melt away, add a bit of crushed red chili...set aside.
Get your pasta going, and fry bread crumbs in butter until browned..careful not to burn them..salt, pepper..
When pasta is al dente, add to the pan of oil and garlic. Turn heat back on, and add a bit of pasta water until it gets absorbed by the noodles..just before serving, sprinkle half of the bread crumbs and toss them in with the pasta..divide into bowls and add fresh parsley and some parmesan or romano..Note: those brown bits aren't anchovies..they are the bread crumbs..the anchovies totally melt away enriching the oil and adding a depth of flavor like nothing else..
There are many recipes for this on line..you may find one that suits you better..

Thanks. Yes, I've made aglio oglio before with anchovies. As you mentioned, I thought the breadcrumbs were more anchovies. :hungry:

Frying breadcrumbs then adding to pasta is real old school Italiano.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom