What did you cook/eat today (January 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our dinner last night was take out from the Thai-Japanese place. I had a 3-shrimp and a few pieces of mixed vege tempura appetizer for my dinner. Craig had spicy tuna rolls, Thai pork fried rice and green pork curry. He had leftovers for breakfast. I also ordered a vege roll specifically for my brunch I'll have in a little bit.

A couple of evenings ago we watched a tv programme by the chef Tom Kerridge, he used to be a very big lad but has lost a lot of weight. His new series is all about tasty, healthy low calorie meals. One of his dishes was a lasagne, instead of pasta he used sliced courgette and the cheese topping is ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan. My husband cooked it for dinner this evening and it was very tasty.

P_20180106_174547.jpg

A couple of evenings ago we watched a tv programme by the chef Tom Kerridge, he used to be a very big lad but has lost a lot of weight. His new series is all about tasty, healthy low calorie meals. One of his dishes was a lasagne, instead of pasta he used sliced courgette and the cheese topping is ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan. My husband cooked it for dinner this evening and it was very tasty.

View attachment 12729

Scrumptious..:okay:
This recipe recalls parmigiana dish: layers of aubergine slices (but sometimes also with courgette slices) filled with mozzarella and Parmesan.

Beef stroganof with chantarelle mushrooms. Not the prettiest picture in the world for sure, but it wasn't bad. Craig really liked it. It had some dijon, as well as reconstituted porcini in beef broth. I think I prefer the much simpler James Beard version though. Ended up making homemade egg noodles since we didn't have any in pantry and didn't feel like hitting the grocery.

2018-01-06 17.34.18.jpg

Home made noodles? Do you have a machine that looks like a mangle? I tried to make pasta once (I was about 12) and never tried since. I suppose mainly because I can't cook with gluten flour now.

Beef stroganof with chantarelle mushrooms. Not the prettiest picture in the world for sure, but it wasn't bad. Craig really liked it. It had some dijon, as well as reconstituted porcini in beef broth. I think I prefer the much simpler James Beard version though. Ended up making homemade egg noodles since we didn't have any in pantry and didn't feel like hitting the grocery.

View attachment 12733

I'm always impressed by home-made pasta. I can do it but I rarely bother to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom