Condiment Sauces

Looks good to me!!
Now you´ve got to leave it for a month or so to develop the flavour - although you can try it straight away. I used some I made over a year ago on a dish the other day. O.M.G. - just delicious.

It's been 30 days since I prepped the Mexican Michoacán style chile oil macha salsa and set it to aging. Now I can plan for a good meal to give it a try. I have in mind, bacon wrapped prawns on skewers over rice with black beans, a small salad, a couple soft tacos and avacado or guacamole. A beer would be good with that.

For Michoacán, I´d be looking at pork carnitas, white cheese.

Just one???:laugh::laugh:

I think I've indicated in many posts that I am not an alcohol drinker for the sake of recreational drinking. I'll have an alcohol beverage as a food accompaniment and no more than that. I only need one beer to achieve that.

Last edited by a moderator:
My next condiment sauce is less of a condiment, than it is a marinade, - Jamaican jerk sauce.

I've got all the ingredients, except that I will have to substitute habanero peppers for Scotch bonnets. I can't get Scotch bonnets here.

My rendition of the Jamaican jerk sauce will be done in the new year, but, soon.

Can anyone tell me why ajvar is so popular in south eastern Europe, the Aegean Sea area?

I like hot. Is hot ajvar a good condiment to have around?

I like hot. Is hot ajvar a good condiment to have around?
I have to admit I´ve never tried it and had to look it up in Google! Seems like it´s a Serbian concoction made with roasted bell peppers and aubergine/eggplant. sounds delicious to me and it´s something I´ll have to try.
The few recipes I glanced at didn´t have any hot peppers in it, but I see no reason why you couldn´t include them - maybe add some chilpotle peppers from Mexico, which are already smoked and would complement the flavour?

The few recipes I glanced at didn´t have any hot peppers in it, but I see no reason why you couldn´t include them - maybe add some chilpotle peppers from Mexico, which are already smoked and would complement the flavour?

Some do have chilli in them - its one of those flexible regionally variable recipes. Some versions are red peppers with no aubergine.

I have to admit I´ve never tried it and had to look it up in Google! Seems like it´s a Serbian concoction made with roasted bell peppers and aubergine/eggplant. sounds delicious to me and it´s something I´ll have to try.

The ajvar wiki claims there is a hot version. It's also interesting that there are two versions registered with the World Intellectual Property Rights Organization to protect them from duplication. Those versions must be real good.

Back
Top Bottom