Jubilee Special Edition Foods

Well that´s the first time I´ve heard of turmeric as having a negative effect on meds - but I just looked it up and apparently it might have some negative effect on blood thinners. First time I´ve heard of it.
Me too, and I've had multiple near fatal blood clots that landed me in the ICU twice. The doctor never warned me about curry, and I use it a lot. They did warn me about grapefruit.. Anyway, as it has had no impact on my blood thinners the past four years from what I or my doctor can tell, I'll keep eating curry.

And I LOVE coronation chicken, especially the Hairy Bikers recipe.
Perfect coronation chicken recipe

Me too, and I've had multiple near fatal blood clots that landed me in the ICU twice. The doctor never warned me about curry, and I use it a lot. They did warn me about grapefruit.. Anyway, as it has had no impact on my blood thinners the past four years from what I or my doctor can tell, I'll keep eating curry.

And I LOVE coronation chicken, especially the Hairy Bikers recipe.
Perfect coronation chicken recipe
OOH I just read over that recipe and I like it alot. The fact that it has apricot jam instead of chutney and only uses a small amount of apricot jam makes it much more appealing!

Me neither - unless it´s an apple pie or something similar, if my dessert doesn´t have chocolate in it, I´m not interested. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You put chocolate in apple pie?

I'm the opposite. I don't like desserts that have chocolate in them and white chocolate I find particularly unpleasant.

I think the winning jubilee trifle was specifically chosen because it is dead easy to make. The other shortlisted entries weren't. But its hardly groundbreaking stuff - just a retro trifle really, like we used to get in the 50's and 60's and clearly the tinned mandarins were chosen for that reason.

Just ordered:

That’s from the Discover Britain magazine we get, so giving credit where credit is due. Hopefully, that’s ok.

Back
Top Bottom