Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
4:34 AM
Mango lends a tropical taste to this spicy mustard. There are quite a few ingredients but making it is an easy ‘two step’ process. This is a versatile ingredient and is great used in marinades. I used it to make Mango Mustard Chicken Breasts 'en papillote'.

fullsizeoutput_4c0f.jpeg

Ingredients (makes approx: 200ml of mustard)
1 x ripe mango, peeled and chopped into small pieces
1/2 a red onion, finely chopped
1/2 tsp each of: turmeric, garlic powder, ground ginger, hot chilli powder, salt
60ml dry white wine
60ml water
1 tbsp Hot English mustard
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
Salt to taste

Method
  1. Place all the ingredients in a pan and simmer for 20 mins or until the onion is softened and the mixture is reduced and thickened.
  2. Blend until smooth (I used a stick blender). Allow to cool and keep covered in the fridge.

fullsizeoutput_4c0e.jpeg

Last edited:
Mango lends a tropical taste to this spicy mustard. There are quite a few ingredients but making it is an easy ‘two step’ process. This is a versatile ingredient and is great used in marinades. I used it to make Mango Mustard Chicken Breasts 'en papillote' (recipe to follow).

View attachment 29279

Ingredients (makes approx: 200ml of mustard)
1 x ripe mango, peeled and chopped into small pieces
1/2 a red onion, finely chopped
1/2 tsp each of: turmeric, garlic powder, ground ginger, hot chilli powder, salt
60ml dry white wine
60ml water
1 tbsp Hot English mustard
1 tbsp Dijon mustard

Method
  1. Place all the ingredients in a pan and simmer for 20 mins or until the onion is softened and the mixture is reduced and thickened.
  2. Blend until smooth (I used a stick blender). Allow to cool and keep covered in the fridge.

View attachment 29280

I love mango. I may try this, or.... Mango chutney. My son and I love it.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom