This was a very nice version. Not sweet, but moist and light with just enough blueberries. Hubby tried to come back for seconds.
This looks like a great cake recipe for when we have a glut from the fruit bushes in summer :okay:

The problem I've found with most sponge cake batters is that a lot of the fruit falls to the bottom, but this looks like a much stiffer batter which supports the fruit better. I'd probably put a few more blueberries in there though (personal taste), but the flavours sound like it should work with blackcurrants too.

This looks like a great cake recipe for when we have a glut from the fruit bushes in summer :okay:

The problem I've found with most sponge cake batters is that a lot of the fruit falls to the bottom, but this looks like a much stiffer batter which supports the fruit better. I'd probably put a few more blueberries in there though (personal taste), but the flavours sound like it should work with blackcurrants too.
It will work with any berry at all.
I only put the 1 punnet in because we only had the 1 punnet available . You'll need to give fruit a very firm encouragement to get it to sink. I'd even consider pouring in half the batter, then fruit and then the rest, or even the one thing we're always told not to do... stir it in veggie hand, very gently and then pour the batter in.

You'll need to give fruit a very firm encouragement to get it to sink. I'd even consider pouring in half the batter, then fruit and then the rest, or even the one thing we're always told not to do... stir it in veggie hand, very gently and then pour the batter in.
That's what I was thinking of....mixing some berries into the batter and scattering some across the top to try to get an even-ish distribution. Its always a challenge because usually the berries mostly sink to the bottom even when you just sprinkle them on the top, but if this is a thicker batter then I'm hopeful it should be possible to get them more spread out. Just need to wait a few months for the fruit bushes over here to start producing :thumbsup: Can't wait to try it :hungry:

Back
Top Bottom