0.5 teaspoon black pepper​
50 ml (0.2 cups/30 g/1 oz) plain flour/APF​
~2 teaspoons salt (to taste)​
500 g (1.1 lb) potatoes​
200 ml (0.85 cups) red wine (Merlot or else)​
150 ml (1.6-1.7 cups) water​
130 g (4.6 oz/135 ml/0.5-0.6 cups) tomato paste​
Instructions
1. Peel the clementines thinly with e.g. a potato peeler. Cut the peel into thin shreds.

2. Peel the potatoes and cut them into bits; place the bits in fresh water while preparing the other ingredients.

3. Peel the garlic and prepare the beef; discard the possible silver skin and/or tough filaments and cut the meat into suitable pieces (mouthfuls).

4. Melt the butter on a frying pan/skillet and fry the beef with the garlic cloves, clementine peel, sugar, chili and black pepper for 7-10 minutes on medium-high heat.

5. Season the mixture with salt, add the flour and mix well.

6. Set the oven to 175°C (345-350°F/gas mark 4, no fan).

7. Pour (and scrape) the contents of the pan into a generous oven bag (placed e.g. in an ovenproof dish or oven pan).

8. Drain the potatoes and add the wine, water, tomato paste and potato bits in the oven bag. Close the bag and toss gently to mix the contents.

9. Punch a tiny hole (for vapor/steam) on the top of the oven bag and cook in the central part of the oven for ~2 hours.

10. Garnish with clementine segments.

tast_a.png

tast_c.png

Last edited:
A lovely plate of stew. This makes me nostalgic as its a little similar to a dish I used to make back in the 70's - yeah alright, possibly before you were born! Its the use of the peel. I remember saving the peel when we ate tangerines and drying it to add to beef stew with red wine.

0.5 teaspoon (Gochugaru) chil(l)i

I managed to order some of this after you mentioned it elsewhere so I'm looking forward to using it.

Back
Top Bottom