Self Isolation Supplies

I suppose, living in one of the poorer areas of Thailand, that folks do not have sufficient money to panic buy. The stores only appear to be short of hand cleaner (Thais do not use toilet paper).

I suppose, living in one of the poorer areas of Thailand, that folks do not have sufficient money to panic buy. The stores only appear to be short of hand cleaner (Thais do not use toilet paper).

Plenty of fish sauce, I expect. What do they use instead of toilet paper? We all may need to know this!

I don't understand why supermarkets aren't rationing the amount people can buy at one time. I did find that when I did an on-line shop I that toilet rolls were limited to one pack per delivery but nothing else.

Yesterday I noted a sign over the paper goods aisles that TP was limited to X amount. I don't recall what that amount was, but since there was NO TP in sight... remembering the amount was incidental.

I have had great success getting TP on Amazon. I must warn against getting anything other than a known name brand made in your country. Amazon is full of people selling brands you have never heard of and most of them come from China. So while I can't comment on the quality, it will take months for that supply to reach you. My method of acquiring it is to log into Amazon and search for toilet paper. The first page should populate with a brand or two you want but will probably say "currently unavailable". When this happens, many times the product will open up soon with product for sale. So I refresh every 5 minutes or so and sooner or later something is finally available. Of course this method takes some attention, but if you are at your computer or on your phone anyway, it's not really an issue. It certainly beats the alternative!

I have had great success getting TP on Amazon. I must warn against getting anything other than a known name brand made in your country. Amazon is full of people selling brands you have never heard of and most of them come from China. So while I can't comment on the quality, it will take months for that supply to reach you. My method of acquiring it is to log into Amazon and search for toilet paper. The first page should populate with a brand or two you want but will probably say "currently unavailable". When this happens, many times the product will open up soon with product for sale. So I refresh every 5 minutes or so and sooner or later something is finally available. Of course this method takes some attention, but if you are at your computer or on your phone anyway, it's not really an issue. It certainly beats the alternative!

Are you still finding TP shortages? Here its no problem at all to get it from supermarkets now. The problem was caused by panic buying at the beginning of the lockdown.

Our local supermarket (Morrisons) have started selling a mixed fish tray for £5. All whole fish. I have two lemon sole, 6 sardines, two herring and a mackerel. The tray could also have included sprats and plaice.

Lemon sole tonight.

Thats a very good deal!

Back
Top Bottom