The CookingBites recipe challenge: cabbage/kale/Brussels sprouts

Here's a thing! I must be recovering from my Winter hibernation and lack of posting new recipes because I'm now spoilt for choice. I've notes for twelve new cabbage recipe ideas. One is already made. So I now have to choose what next... my fridge is full of cabbages.
Twelve is really good.:okay:

I’m telling you…I adore cabbage.

Me too. I could eat it every day. Plus, its so versatile and goes with so many other ingredients.

Oh is it? I failed to realise the limit per person...Well then...
( we could have 6 per ingredient, 6 kale, six b.s., 6 cabbage ....per person)

Ha ha! Sorry - only six recipes per challenge in total, per person.

I remember a magazine suggesting Kraut water/juice against hangover.
I am going to guess with the kraut juice it has something to do with electrolyte balance. I know that pickle juice is good for athletes to balance electrolytes, guessing sauerkraut juice would be a similar type thing.

Blue Mountain Stew (Muttakos Sambhar)
This is not a complicated recipe - as long as you have sambhar powder.
However, sambhar powder is very similar to curry powder, so if you don´t have sambhar, use a good quality curry powder.
First of all, toor dal is my favourite dal.
Secondly, this recipe is satisfying, comfort food, and easy to make.

So come on, MG....
Here's a thing! I must be recovering from my Winter hibernation and lack of posting new recipes because I'm now spoilt for choice. I've notes for twelve new cabbage recipe ideas. One is already made. So I now have to choose what next... my fridge is full of cabbages.
And not a single recipe posted yet...😎😎😎😎😎

Recipe - Rye Toast with Roast Beef & Coleslaw

Let’s have some respect for the humble sandwich!

I’ll be honest, I wasn’t expecting much, especially as the coleslaw has no dressing; it’s just raw cabbage, carrot, and green onion, but it’s more than the sum of its parts. It’s a very nice sandwich, indeed.

Granted, the ginger butter features prominently, but it would be wrong to count out the importance of the crunch from the slaw. Together, they lift a simple sandwich up to a higher standard.

I also tried my hand at a Yorky-esque sandwich build:

Yes, my build photos need a bit of work.

Thank you, kaneohegirlinaz for your inspiration on the egg bites I made for the recipe challenge! They turned out great and it was a pretty simple recipe, really. One of the things I liked about this recipe is that the cabbage and kale were just slightly softened and still had a bit of a crunch. I am not a fan of cooked cabbage or kale (most people in this forum have heard me whine about that enough already :laugh:).

Recipe - Gluten free kale and cabbage egg bites

1647206180636.png

1647206198954.png

Last edited:
Thank you, kaneohegirlinaz for your inspiration on the egg bites I made for the recipe challenge! They turned out great and it was a pretty simple recipe, really. One of the things I liked about this recipe is that the cabbage and kale were just slightly softened and still had a bit of a crunch. I am not a fan of cooked cabbage or kale (most people in this forum have heard me whine about that enough already :laugh:).

Recipe - Gluten free kale and cabbage egg bites

View attachment 82302
View attachment 82303
View attachment 82316

Gluten free? You can charge more money for them. :okay:

CD

Ha ha! Sorry - only six recipes per challenge in total, per person.

Oh is it? I failed to realise the limit per person...Well then...
( we could have 6 per ingredient, 6 kale, six b.s., 6 cabbage ....per person):D

There is a clause in the rules that states 6 recipes per person unless the judge decides otherwise, though I did stipulate it had to be at the start of the challenge... :whistling:

• A maximum of 6 entries per member is permitted in each round unless the current challenge judge decides to remove the limit at the start of the challenge.

Back
Top Bottom