The CookingBites recipe challenge: lemons and/or limes

I'd say there must be something wrong with them if it was multiple reviews. I don't know, I might be biased, but I can't imagine how anyone couldn't like that burst of citrusy freshness as those little balls pop inside your mouth with each bite.

This is one of my very early videos and the first time I showcased finger limes in a recipe. And yes, it is a fish dish!!

View attachment 84373
View: https://youtu.be/IzKocom8vt0
Looks marvelous!

I'm a little bit like Tasty, not really a fish lover. But I love fish cooked this way, as you lose that "fishy" flavour (with or without finger limes).
Yes, I do understand. I don't like fishy flavor, yuck. I do love seafood, but mine never tastes fishy!

I made lemon cookies for Easter Family dinner then again yesterday for George's Bass Club annual crawfish boil. Family = serious lemon heads. G's bass club friends went nuts. He had text messages today thanking me for sending lemon cookies. I will post my lemon crinkle cookie recipe.

Lemon Cookies
Recipe - Lemon Crinkle Cookies
Sugar. I got a new phone today and must learn how to use it. Plugging my phone into the computer does not set up an auto photo transfer like my old phone. Uggh! My learning curve gets steeper every year. With or without pictures the cookies are a delight for lemon lovers.
Three of the guys in G's Bass Club emailed me today thanking me for the best lemon cookies they have ever eaten.

Recipe - Crab cakes with burnt lime and avocado dressing

But things with lime in them, I generally like quite a bit, except for key lime pie. Can’t stand that stuff.

That's probably because you've only had "key lime" pie made with persian limes and not true key limes. Real key limes have a different taste than persian limes. And, I'm talking about real key limes, not those things sold in mesh bags from Mexico that are called key limes.

I also prefer to use a vanilla wafer crust rather than graham crackers as the flavor is milder and the crust is not as dense and tough as some graham cracker crusts can be.

Last edited:
I´d agree with you both that lime is much more citric and assertive than lemon, but after 40 years of limes (which are called "lemons" in Spanish, just to confuse things), I now find lemons a bit watery and weak.

Actually, I believe it is limon, pronounced lee-mahn.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom