The CookingBites recipe challenge: pork

Next entry:

Recipe - Pork Agrodolce

Oh...this is good...really good! A little sweet-and-sour, a little barbecue sauce-like, an a whole lot of lusciousness. What's really nice is that the sauce isn't overly thick and heavy, like a standard barbecue sauce can be; it flavors the pork, it's nice drizzled over the top of the dish, and then it gets out of the way and lets the pork shine.

And the pork...so tender, and the pieces with some of the fatcap...marvelously crispy, with that nice little bite from the vinegar, and there's a fair amount of kick to this as well, from the red pepper flakes.

MrsT summed it up: "Whatever you do...do not, and I repeat DO NOT lose this recipe!"

Served over ricotta mashed potatoes, as recommended in the original recipe.

Here's the pork shoulder, ready to go:
View attachment 85996

The agrodolce sauce:
View attachment 85997

Into the oven:
View attachment 85998

Out of the oven:
View attachment 85999

You just sold it to me!

Thyme for some Grilled Pork and Apricots with Rice. I intended to make this with rosemary instead of thyme, but:

1) I couldn’t find the rosemary, and
2) I would’ve missed out on a perfect opportunity for a pun.

Last edited:
Here's an easy/fun one:

Recipe - Sriracha-Maple Glazed Bacon

Not much to say; it's sweet, it's spicy, it's bacony. It's also addictive!

Plain, headed for the oven:

After 20 minutes or so, bathed in glaze:

Make sure you do foil-line your pan, as I just put down parchy and now I’ve got baked-on sugar syrup to deal with.

Last edited:
383730C5-E1F3-4E02-ACA0-3F195E1094F1.jpeg

0E7726AB-DA58-45C4-9770-3D92518FAE47.jpeg

Spam Wellington. I bought a can of spam, and I wasn’t sure what to make with it until I saw Gordon Ramsay on television. I would hope that Chef Ramsay would judge this based on its technical merits, and not murder me immediately with that pitchfork from Hell’s Kitchen.

Last edited:
I'm having trouble posting the recipe. Every time I try, I get an error saying "Oops! We ran into some problems". I only have 6 images, the limit, so I have no idea what's going on. I tried cutting pictures out, and I get the same error. There must be a Spam filter on this site. If it weren't so annoying, I'd laugh. :cry:

I'm having trouble posting the recipe. Every time I try, I get an error saying "Oops! We ran into some problems". I only have 6 images, the limit, so I have no idea what's going on. I tried cutting pictures out, and I get the same error. There must be a Spam filter on this site. If it weren't so annoying, I'd laugh. :cry:
May I suggest you look at the tags that you may have attached. This has happened to me several times and it was because I was trying to use tags that are not part of CB's data base.
edit: never mind I see the recipe .... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
May I suggest you look at the tags that you may have attached. This has happened to me several times and it was because I was trying to use tags that are not part of CB's data base.
edit: never mind I see the recipe .... :rolleyes:

The problem I had was that I started with an existing recipe, and then heavily modified the text. There was something embedded in the text I copied, so I manually retyped it.

MrsT summed it up: "Whatever you do...do not, and I repeat DO NOT lose this recipe!"

Mrs TLNG did not have the same reaction to my Spam Wellington. She only tried the crust, which she liked, but not the spam. But, now she wants me to make her Beef Wellington.

Back
Top Bottom