The CookingBites recipe challenge: sausage

Here´s my first offering:

Glamorgan Sausages

These are originally from Wales, which is where Glamorgan is (for those who don´t already know). Caerphilly cheese, and leeks, are also typical ingredients from Wales.
I suppose, strictly speaking, these "sausages" are actually croquettes, but if the Welsh call them "sausages", then I´m happy with that!
You could probably use other cheeses here, but a sharp, white, crumbly cheese is ideal
Glamorgan sausage 1.jpg
Glamorgan sausage 2.jpg
Glamorgan sausage 3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you thought of Findlay Market? There´s a deli right opposite that does loads of sausages and a dedicated sausage maker inside! Yeah, I know - it´s a long trip!
If he's gonna drive all over Ohio, might as well go here:
J & J Czuchraj Meats
That's located inside the West Side Market, which is food heaven anyway, with 100s of vendors selling meats, cheeses, olives, jams and spreads, and fresh produce.
About the westside market Cleveland

…and another:

Products — LK Cincinnati

That’s a lot of sausage!

I haven’t been there yet, they’re new, but the location was also a sausage haven. They’ve apparently closed down or moved. Must do some research…

…and another:

Products — LK Cincinnati

That’s a lot of sausage!

I haven’t been there yet, they’re new, but the location was also a sausage haven. They’ve apparently closed down or moved. Must do some research…
Much closer than Cleveland, lol. Yet, if you ever want to get lost in food paradise for a day, head to Cleveland West Side on a Saturday.

I didn't even bother plating my next entry up - it looked nice in its natural habitat:

Recipe - La Chorizette (Chorizo & Fried Potatoes)

Ok...that looks pretty good, right (if you like that sort of thing)? Fried potatoes, some chorizo, bacon, a lavalike blurble of cheese (I just made blurble up, but I think it works). Trust me...it's better than it looks, and it looks spectacular!

This has everything going for it. Saltiness, crunch, creaminess, cheesiness, spiciness. It's all in there. It's just about the perfect dish. It's moved to the top of my "Must Make Again" list.

Three kinds of cooking fat, too: bacon grease, butter, and olive oil; four if you count the rendered fat from the sausage.

MrsT also gave this an enthusiastic rating, which I can't print here - not because it was too adult-oriented, but because her mouth was too full of potatoes and chorizo and cheese for me to understand her.

Loaded Pasta Salad

IMG_1622.JPG

This Pasta Salad can be made with whatever kind of Pasta you like, really.
It makes for a terrific Entrée Salad accompanied by a Green or Chopped Salad.

IMG_2111.JPG

You could even change up the types of pitted Olives that you use. This Salad that I shared with one of my Gal Pals has Kalamata and Black Olives.

This entry is light-hearted and not really a recipe - more comfort food. There are more than a few of us who snarfed one of these down for breakfast or lunch many years ago. Sausage Sarnie
My dad used to make them with leftover sausages from the day before. He´d buy a pound or two of prime English bangers and we´d have them for dinner, with mashed potatoes, gravy and baked beans. The leftovers were destined for the following day, when they would be sliced in half and fried again until browned. The butter is essential as it should drip onto your hands while eating the sarnie :laugh: :laugh:
My apologies for the absolutely terrible 3rd photo - the doorbell rang just as I was taking the snap and then the thing was consumed!
sausage sarnie 1.jpg
Sausage sarnie 2.jpg
Sausage sarnie 3.jpg

This entry is light-hearted and not really a recipe - more comfort food. There are more than a few of us who snarfed one of these down for breakfast or lunch many years ago. Sausage Sarnie

For many months between contracts I would spend time in our depot where the "standard" breakfast was deep fried pork sausages in a toasted bread sarnie with brown sauce. This is one I cooked some time ago to bring back a few memories.

Breakfast sausage: If I eat ANY sausage at breakfast, it's automatically breakfast sausage. I guess I need some clarifications here.

Living alone, I'm not particular as to what I eat, when. Is there a definition I can follow? I guess if it has a fancy name like Andouille, it is probably not a breakfast sausage. Although that's an omelet choice to add at my local diner cafe.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom