The CookingBites recipe challenge: sausage

Breakfast sausage: If I eat ANY sausage at breakfast, it's automatically breakfast sausage. I guess I need some clarifications here.

Living alone, I'm not particular as to what I eat, when. Is there a definition I can follow? I guess if it has a fancy name like Andouille, it is probably not a breakfast sausage. Although that's an omelet choice to add at my local diner cafe.

Breakfast sausage would be something like Jimmy Dean or Owen's. It is NOT precooked, cured or smoked. You can cook it as links or patties.

CD

I checked, and I posted Italian Sausage and Peppers in a recipe in skewer form.

Does cooked the traditional cast iron pan fried way count as different?

IMG_2186.JPG

CD

I checked, and I posted Italian Sausage and Peppers in a recipe in skewer form.

Does cooked the traditional cast iron pan fried way count as different?

View attachment 96250

CD
Well, I added 1 ingredient to a recipe I had posted about a month prior in a previous challenge after I had mentioned that I wished I hadn't posted it so I could use it. MG encouraged me to make even a small change and enter it, so I did. She was the judge at the time.

Breakfast sausage would be something like Jimmy Dean or Owen's. It is NOT precooked, cured or smoked. You can cook it as links or patties.

CD
Okay... Mom's secret ingredient for Thanksgiving turkey stuffing was Jimmy Dean's. Which we never had for breakfast. But I should come up with something. I think I have lamb Marguez sausage in the freezer...

If I can find a neighbor or friend with a sausage stuffer, I may take a stab at making Cajun Boudin. No sausage stuffer, maybe use the bulk stuffing to make boudin balls, or another idea I have bouncing around in my noggin.

CD

I would have tried the Linguica, for sure TastyReuben

I’ll be back for it, I’m sure. That was just a small selection of some of the sausages I thought would have some appeal here.

It’s hard to take pics there because they come down on you pretty hard if you get caught, especially if you’re photographing one of their displays and not just an individual food item. That’s why that one pic is cut off - the sausagemonger (?) was heading my way.

I decided to make a nice sausage and peppers sheet pan with polenta. I was thinking about a dish I wanted to enter and realized that it had been awhile since I did a simple meal like this, which often can be the best kind, that and I didn’t have a ton of time yesterday:wink:

Hope you guys like this one and feel free to use whatever sausages you like of course. I like the sweet and spicy combination of Italian sausage so I went with that. This recipe should adapt nicely to various sausages and perhaps even the vegetarian/vegan types as well.

46B74187-BCCA-4444-9980-2D800C736599.jpeg

Recipe Link

medtran49 and TastyReuben I've only ever had two different brands of Portuguese Sausage, but many, many, many times and in different dishes.
Silva Portuguse Sausage.JPG
I found this at the Safeway Supermarket here in Cowboyville
Portuguese Sausage.jpg

and I brought this brand back in my suitcase from Hawaii - a very popular brand there and found anywhere, even the 7-11 !!!

I'd like to see what you have your sleeve TastyReuben

Back
Top Bottom