The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Seafood

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Restaurant: the New Boston Inn - the building dates back as a tavern to prior to the Revolutionary War. Which still makes it young for the Europeans and British on this site.)

The Brits didn't fare well in that war. Yet, here we are, sharing recipes on the Internet. :thumbsup: :laugh:

By the way, I don't think the Brits and Europeans on this site are THAT old. :scratchhead:

CD

(Restaurant: the New Boston Inn - the building dates back as a tavern to prior to the Revolutionary War. Which still makes it young for the Europeans and British on this site.)
Catters mate from a historical perspective yes it is. The Boot in Chester (the last place we lived in the UK) dates from 1643 as does most of the modern city.
1605851200288.png
1605851257787.png
1605851276852.png
1605851322511.png

Recipe - Creamy Seafood Chowder with Roasted Garlic and Saffron

This is truly luxurious comfort food for the seafood lover. This is a family favorite and is something special I make every year during the holidays. I used lobster claw meat, Langoustine tails, shrimp, crab claw meat, and mild white fish. The saffron with roasted garlic and cream made a really lovely addition to an already delicious meal. Serve with crusty homemade bread or crackers. Enjoy!

Catters mate from a historical perspective yes it is. The Boot in Chester (the last place we lived in the UK) dates from 1643 as does most of the modern city.

I was once very close to being thrown out of there. The landlord took exception to my boss having his feet up on a buffet.

I was once very close to being thrown out of there. The landlord took exception to my boss having his feet up on a buffet.
The Boot in my day was a "faces" pub if you understand. What few people knew was that in the 70s Chester at night was like Dodge City. The two main gangs were relatives of Liverpool Gangs and ran protection from Chester to St Asaph. A London firm opened a night club and refused to pay, a serious gun battle ensued the eventually went back to London.

The Boot in my day was a "faces" pub if you understand. What few people knew was that in the 70s Chester at night was like Dodge City. The two main gangs were relatives of Liverpool Gangs and ran protection from Chester to St Asaph. A London firm opened a night club and refused to pay, a serious gun battle ensued the eventually went back to London.

I'm talking mid to late 70s before I moved permanently onto The Wirral ('85).

I'm talking mid to late 70s before I moved permanently onto The Wirral ('85).
Chester had its fair share of nightclubs in the 1970s and 80s, and the Silhouette on Watergate Street was one of the city’s most popular. Tony Butterworth was a friend and doorman there. He died in a fight outside from a ruptured appendix. I lived in Caldy around that time and would frequent my friends club Atmosphere and Rupert's.
Do you remember this popular Moreton beauty, her Mam was boss. I got the job of looking after her after she was sacked as Miss Great Britain, when she was Miss Vladivar Vodka at nightclub promotion events. A hard job but someone had to do it
1606028298164.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom