What did you cook/eat today (December 2016)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This evening's meal:

Spanish cured meats and tomato bread

20161224_185041.jpg

Followed by Shepherds stew, Chorizo in sherry, the mandatory Patatas Bravas and a tomato salad. Served with a very good sherry that was gifted us by a generous internet friend.

20161224_191102.jpg

Last edited:
This evening's meal:

Spanish cured meats and tomato bread

View attachment 4631

Followed by Shepherds stew, Chorizo in sherry, the mandatory Patatas Bravas and a tomato salad. Served with a very good sherry that was gifted us by a generous internet friend.

View attachment 4632
That looks very Greek! What are the red things that look like beetroot pickled eggs (on the left)?

What is Shepherd's Stew? Recipe?

Spanish. The little things are the chorizo in sherry. As for the shepherds stew it's lamb neck slow cooked with red wine and tomatoes with the usual Spanish flavourings.
Chorizo in sherry? I'm still puzzled. Why do they look egg shaped? I think there is something I'm not understanding. Please forgive me!

Spanish. The little things are the chorizo in sherry. As for the shepherds stew it's lamb neck slow cooked with red wine and tomatoes with the usual Spanish flavourings.
I've no idea why I said 'Greek'. :laugh: I actually meant Spanish and was thinking tapas as I wrote it! Losing the plot, I think...

Last edited:
Many tapas restaurants serve these chorizo, sometimes in honey, you can buy them in the supermarket, they are just baby chorizos.
You mean they are whole little plump chorizo? I got confused because they look oval and rather red and shiny and not like chorizo as I know it.

But, anyway surely you would only eat one of those at most along with the other food? Oh gosh, I feel like I'm digging a hole!

You mean they are whole little plump chorizo? I got confused because they look oval and rather red and shiny and not like chorizo as I know it.

But, anyway surely you would only eat one of those at most along with the other food? Oh gosh, I feel like I'm digging a hole!
There are several versions of chorizo.

They are cooking chorizo. The ones you see in the cold meat section are slicing chorizo - they are wrinkly and dry and meant to be eaten thinly sliced. It's the smooth, plump chorizo that you cook with, and the baby ones are served as tapas. All supermarkets have them, just fry to colour in a tiny bit of olive oil then add a slug of sherry or red wine and simmer until it reduces to a sticky glaze (why mine look shiny), alternatively use honey and caramelise.

They are cooking chorizo. The ones you see in the cold meat section are slicing chorizo - they are wrinkly and dry and meant to be eaten thinly sliced. It's the smooth, plump chorizo that you cook with, and the baby ones are served as tapas. All supermarkets have them, just fry to colour in a tiny bit of olive oil then add a slug of sherry or red wine and simmer until it reduces to a sticky glaze (why mine look shiny), alternatively use honey and caramelise.
I'll have to try it. I probably haven't explored chorizo much because I personally dislike it. But others I cook for love it, so I'm thinking I will try out your recipe. Thanks! You should post it as a recipe...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom