What did you cook/eat today (December 2016)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do duck eggs taste different from normal eggs? I've never had them.
Depends on the duck, but most people agree that the whites are more rubbery (largely only if over cooked). the ones my landlady used to have had really mild yolks. other people say they have a stronger flavour. but the same can be said for chickens eggs as well. shop bought can be very bland. the ones from my girls are really creamy and tasty (not that I'm biased :whistling:). so breed and feed dependant.

You press them into the grater. I went for the ' large nutmeg ' one. don't know what it is called, but I guess you would take the rind of with it if it was a touch finer. I use the very fine grater bit for rind
You take a walnut sized piece of dough, make it into a ball, press it in to the grater to form a disc, roll both sides inwards, prise off carefully and turn over. it's aimed to aid the absorption of the honey syrup which is cooling right now.
Brilliant! I will have to remember that tip.

Tonight's chicken pakoras with a little left over mushroom sauce....

pakora chicken 2 s.jpg

And a few potato pakoras for added value....

pakora chicken 3 s.jpg

A larger plate would have been an advantage....

They are bigger and taste a bit richer. At least, I think so... you can get them in Waitrose.

I agree that they are generally a little larger - well they are here. As to the taste, I'm afraid 50 years of smoking and drinking have affected my taste buds to the extent that I am not able to differentiate between subtle flavours. However, we eat them all the time because that's what is available in the market or local village.

I agree that they are generally a little larger - well they are here. As to the taste, I'm afraid 50 years of smoking and drinking have affected my taste buds to the extent that I am not able to differentiate between subtle flavours. However, we eat them all the time because that's what is available in the market or local village.
If you eat them all the time then you will have nothing to compare! I hope you aren't still smoking...

If you eat them all the time then you will have nothing to compare! I hope you aren't still smoking...

I stopped smoking 4 years ago from 25/day. I've also cut down the drink to only 4 litres/day on average.

They are bigger and taste a bit richer. At least, I think so... you can get them in Waitrose.
We don't have a waitrose near here but I might be able to get duck eggs at Borough Market. We are going there first thing tomorrow to get some last minute treats! Then its back home to prepare for the Xmas eve nibbles and cocktails party.

We don't have a waitrose near here but I might be able to get duck eggs at Borough Market. We are going there first thing tomorrow to get some last minute treats! Then its back home to prepare for the Xmas eve nibbles and cocktails party.
Cocktails can be dangerous! You will have to tell us whats on the menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom