What did you cook/eat today (December 2016)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cooked 2 kg of mushy peas today (after 24 hours soaking) and I've just caught my wife sneaking a small dish full out of the pot as it cools (usually about 6 hours to cool completely). I said "you don't like mushy peas!"

"I do when I'm hungry", she replied.

We had the prime rib, (it didn't get done the other night), potatoes onions & bacon, and stove top baked beans yesterday evening.

I cooked 2 kg of mushy peas today (after 24 hours soaking) and I've just caught my wife sneaking a small dish full out of the pot as it cools (usually about 6 hours to cool completely). I said "you don't like mushy peas!"

"I do when I'm hungry", she replied.

mushy peas dec s.jpg

No pictures yet, but another round of chocolate and oat cookies and I started the Greek Christmas biscuits.. they take a while to make... pictures to follow...

Yesterday was an Indian take on cottage pie.

And another batch of yoghurt. standard plain again.

The Christmas puddings are done as well and tomorrow it is just another round of pickled eggs. all 5 layers laid today so we are inundated in eggs again. I have nearly 3 dozen and none are older than 9 days and I'm expecting another 3 or 4 tomorrow... I'll start feeding them back to the chooks cooked at this rate!

I never liked that black stuff on rice pudding but I love the black stuff on cauliflower cheese; and roast potatoes; and barbecued meat; and fried mashed potatoes; etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom