What did you cook/eat today (December 2016)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is a starchy, sticky type of rice then cooking it less won't make any difference...

It has now become clear that there was a misunderstanding (not the first, I can assure you). We normally have one type of rice - long grain. It is apparent that we now have three types - long grain, "new" jasmine rice and sticky rice (all uncooked rice looks the same to me and the labels are in sanscrit). I used the sticky rice instead of the long grain therefore it didn't work. My wife thought that I'd used the "new" jasmine rice which apparently does not need as much water as the long grain rice unless it's "old" jasmine rice. :banghead:

I used the old jasmine rice today and it was good.

Kamaboko fried rice.

kamaboko fried rice is s.jpg

Its an odd product. Its been on sale in the UK for donkey's years as 'crab sticks' and I've no idea why! I mean, it was around long before the average person bought raw prawns or really any seafood except for tinned (unless they bought from seafood stalls). Of course, its not crab at all...

Kamaboko is a type of cured surimi, a Japanese processed seafood product, in which various white fish are pureed, combined with additives such as MSG, formed into distinctive loaves, and then steamed until fully cooked and firm. Wikipedia

Further information about 'crab sticks':
Alaska pollock (Theragra chalcogramma) from the North Pacific is commonly the main ingredient, often mixed with fillers such as wheat, and egg white (albumen)[1] or other binding ingredient, such as the enzyme transglutaminase.[3] Crab flavoring is added (either artificial or crab-derived), and a layer of red food coloring is applied to the outside.

I've never liked them at all - far too synthetic tasting somehow and oddly 'sweet'.

Turned into chicken scampi, green beans with bacon and shell macaroni.
Oh and the husband appears to have gotten an hour overtime. So far.
Or in other words, he is late getting home. I know it isn't stuck in traffic since he calls when he leaves work.

Turned into chicken scampi, green beans with bacon and shell macaroni.
Oh and the husband appears to have gotten an hour overtime. So far.
Or in other words, he is late getting home. I know it isn't stuck in traffic since he calls when he leaves work.

What is chicken scampi? My understanding of scampi is seafood?

Its good you can trust him.

Tonight was veggie burgers (with melted cheese, pickles and red onion) , chips (french fries) with Greek salad.

Greek salad is something I haven't made for ages. Its so good! I mean: Crisp lettuce, black olives, cucumber, tomatoes, feta cheese, lemon juice, olive oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom