What did you cook/eat today (February 2020)?

A light evening meal, warmed.

My hubby knows the way to my heart...

Chocolate Ice Cream and raspberries...
Shame it was all my doing, but he is laid up for 8 weeks minimum totally non-weightbearing on one foot so I guess I might be able to excuse him this year, still the years gone by...

May I ask how you did the chicken?

Russ

I make my own curry seasoning and I keep it readily available. I "LOVE" it. I googled it one day and realized that I already had most of the ingredients to make it myself.

Anyways, I used boneless chicken breasts. I cut them into strips and put them in a zip lock baggy. I used the juice of one lemon, oil, and the curry seasoning as a marinade. I let it sit overnight. Then I cooked it on the stove top over medium heat.

Risotto with hay cheese, toasted hazelnuts and a bit of acacia honey addition at the end

At the moment it's Leicester Comedy Festival so the pub in addition to its many shows has set up a street food stall in the garden with Naughty lil tings https://m.facebook.com/NLTings/ doing bao buns.

So a sneaky afternoon snack of gin with bbq pork and hoisin chicken baos was in order.

This is a very appropriate Valentine's Day dessert, and it was completely unintentional when I added it to the menu last week.

We ate it around lunch because it's meant to be served warm. I had mine in front of the TV, she had hers in her office in the back. That's romance after 32 years together. :)

I had bought steak for husband for Valentine's day. Been a tough day and both very tired so fortunately we got some reduced price cooked chicken, salad and rice so I made him fake Nando's. Steak tomorrow for him. (I can't eat meat and husband is very happy to get steak or lamb chops or chicken on special occasions. We usually eat vegan or fish.)

Back
Top Bottom