What did you cook/eat today (March 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple really. I roasted (bell) peppers cut in strips in the oven until their skins charred. I allowed them to cool and removed their skin. Then I made a basic tomato sauce (onions, garlic, tin of chopped tomatoes, plus a few fennel seeds). I added a glass of red wine, the peppers and reduced the sauce until thick (adding salt to taste). Then I added the cooked sausage and frozen broad beans and heated through. Finally, I mixed the cooked pasta into the sauce.

I prefer to use dry white wine instead of red wine, also for ragù. I use it only for risotto with chicory or, as obvious, for risotto al Barolo. But I like to find out different manner of cooking

In about as marked a contrast as could be from last night, this was my tea tonight.

IMG_1006.JPG

Also not cooked by me. this time prepared by my wife. See, she can be good to me sometimes.

Today will be thin steaks cooked on the cast iron griddle, twice baked potatoes, something green, mushroom soup and a rice pudding for dessert (made with leftover tres Leche topping.(evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk and heavy cream). (Note do not use heavy cream in the topping. It turns weird and solid.) Hence why I am making the pudding instead of another cake.

Today will be thin steaks cooked on the cast iron griddle, twice baked potatoes, something green, mushroom soup and a rice pudding for dessert (made with leftover tres Leche topping.
Twice baked potatoes I haven't come across although here we get twice or triple fried chips. I would be interested to know the method.

Twice baked potatoes I haven't come across although here we get twice or triple fried chips. I would be interested to know the method.
I baked the potatoes, now I am going to peel them, chop them up, put them in a pan with salt, pepper and margarine, cover with foil and bake again. Many people add cheese and/or bacon.

View attachment 6041

Lunch today. All the 'B's'. Brown bread, banana and brown sugar. Washed down with a cold beer (Non driving day today :dance:)
Beer and Bananas...there's a new one for me..going to have to give that one a go....I love beer and I love bananas..sounds like a win win situation

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom