What did you cook/eat today (October 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For dinner this evening my husband cooked: hasselback potatoes, saltimboca and edamame bean salad.

Last edited:
I always forget to take pictures before we start eating when we're out. We had a selection of 4 types of oysters, Long Island Blue Point, Malpeque, Wianno and French Kiss. We both really liked the flavor of the Wiannos. We also got cracked conch, conch fritters and a caesar salad. For dinner tonight, we got a halibut fillet.

BBQ earlier, beef sausys, lamb chops with a rub from Texas. Willian's chicken tickler. Lamb ribs marinaded in oyster sauce and kechup manis. Meat patties and salad with mash tatters. Summers nearly here. Oh, and my bottled Beetroot.

Russ

I got over my lethargic poorly feeling and reverted to cooking my own food again.

Imported Australian beef fillet with roast potatoes, cauliflower, peas, béchamel sauce and English mustard sauce.

Breakfast: Couldn't find my cheese (at least any melty type today) for my omelet, so this resulted in the good news that I just cleaned my fridge. But the bad news that the cheese is inexplicably gone. I know I recently bought some. Oh well.

So... I used a minced shallot, the last of my leafy baby spinach (from the pack I made that Spinach Rice with), a couple of sliced mushrooms, and two eggs given to me by a couple of hens I know. Added ground pepper and dried oregano, and cooked it in butter instead of my usual avocado oil.

Breakfast: Couldn't find my cheese (at least any melty type today) for my omelet, so this resulted in the good news that I just cleaned my fridge. But the bad news that the cheese is inexplicably gone. I know I recently bought some. Oh well.

So... I used a minced shallot, the last of my leafy baby spinach (from the pack I made that Spinach Rice with), a couple of sliced mushrooms, and two eggs given to me by a couple of hens I know. Added ground pepper and dried oregano, and cooked it in butter instead of my usual avocado oil.
Good improvisation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom