What did you cook/eat today (October 2019)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd overlooked the fact that I don't really like rich tomato/garlic based sauces with fish or shellfish.

I agree with you about the tomato - but I do like garlic with just about anything, including fish or shellfish. (Okay, it doesn't go with ice cream -- don't laugh, some of the garlic festivals around sell scoops of garlic ice cream as a novelty item.)

Home made pizza with mozzarella, peppers, pepperoni and chilli oil & garlic.

I agree with you about the tomato - but I do like garlic with just about anything, including fish or shellfish. (Okay, it doesn't go with ice cream -- don't laugh, some of the garlic festivals around sell scoops of garlic ice cream as a novelty item.)

They also make chocolate garlic fudge. Craig's brother used to make that to get his jollies when he offered people chocolate fudge.

Wow! That spinach pancake is a fantastic green colour. How did you make it - recipe please?

Looks delicious to me.
It was a Jamie Oliver (!) recipe - I used one cup of plain flour, one cup of milk, one egg, and one cup of baby spinach, mixed in the liquidiser. The only thing to remember is to cook the pancake on a medium heat and not to flip it.

Leftover spaghetti, something I made and posted a few weeks ago.

The biggest reason I posted it again is that I finally found a use for this little crock. It was perfect for heating up a portion of the pasta in the oven.

I have a friend (really, my wife has a friend), and every year at Christmas, she gifts me little kitchen trinkets and oddball dishes, and this was one of them.

They're nice, and I don't like getting rid of gifts, but I have a hard time using them. I'm a minimalist at heart, and I don't like having odds and ends, or a dish that's specifically made for olives, for example, and a lot of what I get are either single-purpose things or things that I'd rarely, if ever, use. I've had this little 1-quart lidded crock for two or three years, for example, and this is the first time I've used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom