What did you cook or eat today (December 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DH & I have come to the conclusion that we should keep cooked pasta in the `fridge at all times for these types of meals, quick (this from an American -Italian who claimed to not eat leftover pasta :rolleyes:)

I am probably going to have to give up my Italian name after posting this, but Barilla Ready Pasta (microwave) is not bad, and I use it when I just want to quickly make one serving of pasta for myself, and don't want to mess up a lot of pans.

Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 11.13.57 PM.jpg

CD

@detroitdad I made something similar, only it wasn't handmade 😊

Colleen was off yesterday. She made these in the Air Fryer. They turned out amazing. She flattened out the breasts. Then made an Italian dressing marinade. She stuffed them with cherry tomatoes, spinach, and feta. Served it with Rosemary rice. I can't wait to enjoy the leftovers for lunch!

Using the self-order kiosk at Taco Bell for the first time - it’s a little more complex than McD’s, and they don’t walk it to my table (the nerve! :laugh: ), so we’ll see how they do.

Using the self-order kiosk at Taco Bell for the first time - it’s a little more complex than McD’s, and they don’t walk it to my table (the nerve! :laugh: ), so we’ll see how they do.
Well, all in all, it went ok. They got my substitutions right, so that helped. Maybe I’ll start working TB into my rotation, since I can order on my own:

Bean burrito supreme (sour cream and tomatoes added), tortilla chips and cheese…, rounded up to $5.

I am probably going to have to give up my Italian name after posting this, but Barilla Ready Pasta (microwave) is not bad, and I use it when I just want to quickly make one serving of pasta for myself, and don't want to mess up a lot of pans.

View attachment 93375

CD
I saw those in Fry's aka Kroger's ... are they really okay? That might be a good thing for my Mother!
<edit> SHOOT! I thought that I could add on to the curbside order I just did from Walmart for her, but they don't carry that!
When I looked it up at Fry's they have it, so I'll make her next curbside order from them.
I see that one pouch os two servings, that would work out alright for her.

Last edited:
Colleen was off yesterday. She made these in the Air Fryer. They turned out amazing. She flattened out the breasts. Then made an Italian dressing marinade. She stuffed them with cherry tomatoes, spinach, and feta. Served it with Rosemary rice. I can't wait to enjoy the leftovers for lunch!
Colleen, you did a great job!

I saw those in Fry's aka Kroger's ... are they really okay? That might be a good thing for my Mother!
<edit> SHOOT! I thought that I could add on to the curbside order I just did from Walmart for her, but they don't carry that!
When I looked it up at Fry's they have it, so I'll make her next curbside order from them.
I see that one pouch os two servings, that would work out alright for her.

They are a bit starchy, but not too bad. They would be great for your mom. No pots of boiling water for her to handle, so definitely safer. Each pouch would probably be two servings for her. I can eat a whole pouch myself. You can provide her with containers of homemade sauce frozen, and she can make two meals in the microwave.

They are definitely a convenience food, so you can't expect it to be like fresh pasta boiled right before serving, but they take one minute to cook, and there is no pot to clean.

CD

Hmmmm, you ended up with Taco Bell food, so I'm not sure it really went ok. :scratchhead:

CD

BTW, I wasn't just being a smarta$$ (as usual), Taco Bell is one fast food I just don't like at all. But, I have so many really good tacos, and so much good Mexican/TexMex food available to me here in Texas, that there is no reason for me to go to Taco Bell.

CD

BTW, I wasn't just being a smarta$$ (as usual), Taco Bell is one fast food I just don't like at all. But, I have so many really good tacos, and so much good Mexican/TexMex food available to me here in Texas, that there is no reason for me to go to Taco Bell.

CD
Taco Bell for you is like going to Naples and eating at Pizza Hut. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom