What did you cook or eat today (March 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two to go.
Oh yes, the man who plans meals well in advance, even when flying solo. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Recently I planned meals for 3 days in a row. I am not sure I stuck with the plan. But when I was single, I rarely planned ahead with meals, it was usually the same day decision on what's for dinner.

Salad and pizza #3:

Buttermilk dressing on the salad, chorizo and jalapeños on the pizza.

A friend dropped off a few meals for me as she knew I wasn't up to cooking for my wife. We had bacon n eggs pie and lasagna. She is of Italian descent so it was real good. I'm having leftover bacon n eggs pie again for lunch.

Russ
Are you still not feeling well? I am so sorry :yuck:

No, I don't go to sleep with a full stomach, usually. We stay up for a few hours after we eat. When the kids were still at home, we ate earlier (around 6), also when we were both working, we ate earlier (around 8). Hubby is on a work hiatus and I am working very part time now, so no set schedule.

I think some people in Europe eat as late as midnight? Spain, maybe? Seems like I read that somewhere.

On my trips to Spain, everyone ate late in the evening. We often ate at around 10PM. On my first trip, back in the 1970s, the siesta was still important. Businesses would close for two hours for a long lunch and a rest or recreation. That made it easier to have a late dinner, IMO.

A late dinner was relatively common when my parents lived in Puerto Rico, too.

CD

Okay, lasagna is assembled now and I just put it in the oven on a very low heat, covered. We should be eating around 9:30, rather early by our standards. I am not making regular garlic bread but instead, I have some leftover naan bread from last night (I have been on a naan bread kick lately), so I am going to lightly butter it and put garlic powder and parmesan cheese on it, then toast it. I hope no Italians faint in horror over this!

Dinner

IMG_1341.JPG

My Chicken Chili
with the toppings to the side to let the Chili shine.
At the top of the plate and working clock wise we have:
two scoops of steamed White Rice
shredded Jack Cheese (that's new-to-me, loved it better than Cheddar)
a dollop of Sour Cream
chopped Sweet White Onion
a Diamond Bakery Soda Cracker, imported from Hawaii ... all very ONO (that's Hawaiian for delicious).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom