What did you cook or eat today (November 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a pithavier (I may not have spelled that right) - puff pastry with an almond filling. There's a pic of the whole thing in the "what did you buy today" topic.

Pithivier - classic French pie named after the town. They can be sweet or savoury. Characterised by the knife marks which 'swirl' around the shape.

How to make the perfect pithivier

X3 of these, 2 painters here still doing the deck. Bacon cheese and egg toasted sammies. With tomato relish and hp sauce
10/10 painters thanked me, said not many owners make them lunch.

Russ

On late shift at work so leftovers.

Wasn't sure it was going to work but I had leftover monkfish in bacon with some hollandaise sauce, mixed veg and Michael waved chips.

It worked, but nuking the monkfish made it a little tough.
I made and ate monkfish for the very 1st time in my life tonight. I broiled it with lemon butter, parsley, and thyme and served it over angel hair pasta with parmesan cheese and baby asparagus. Delicious!

I made and ate monkfish for the very 1st time in my life tonight. I broiled it with lemon butter, parsley, and thyme and served it over angel hair pasta with parmesan cheese and baby asparagus. Delicious!
Yes, very versatile fish. One of Mrs Wysh's favourite ways of me cooking it is as battered fish bites, rather like scampi.

Absolutely a favourite fish of mine. Its very 'meaty' and works well in all sorts of dishes. I use it in curry sometimes. One thing to know is that there is a tough membrane which has to be removed. A good fishmonger will have done that but I have on occasion had to do it myself.

Absolutely a favourite fish of mine. Its very 'meaty' and works well in all sorts of dishes. I use it in curry sometimes. One thing to know is that there is a tough membrane which has to be removed. A good fishmonger will have done that but I have on occasion had to do it myself.
Many years ago it was quite a cheap fish to buy. Then the chefs 'discovered' it and the price rocketed.
Yes not everyone knows about the membrane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom