What did you cook or eat today (November 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compared to Subway, they come out on the high end. A comparable (in quantity) meal as Subway would have been about $12.

I just like the fact that when I order fries, the fry station worker grabs an actual potato and runs it through the cutter, and then makes my fries. Nothing from a bag, and nothing that's sat under a heat lamp for 10 minutes.

I did have to laugh. Since they make everything fresh, it can take several minutes to get your food. MrsT went and sat down, but I stayed up by the counter, so I could carry it back when it came out.

I suppose it irritated one of the guys at the counter, because he rather sharply said, "You know, we will carry that out to you, Boss!"

Yeah, ok, no problem. I'll go sit down. :oops:

Several minutes later, I heard someone shouting my name. It was him, calling me up to the counter to collect my food. :laugh:

Typos are so prevalent on the 'net, I don't even see them any more! :laugh:
Amen to that. Subway is mediocre at best.

I love the Philly Cheesesteak at Penn Station. I get double meat and double cheese.

I too always get the hot sandwiches and never add cold ingredients at the end. Typically the safe way to play it anywhere, really. I have seen people with their gloved hands touching their phones, pens, all kind of things not food related, and then go right back to making food. Yuck.

I love Wild Fork Foods. They are based in S. Florida. I order seafood from them that is flash frozen and it arrives on dry ice. I have a yearly "free" delivery subscription so I order from them once a month, sometimes more. Their smoked peppered salmon is fantastic and the price is great! I also love their rack of lamb. I trim it and chop it into lamb "lollipops" and cook them for my husband. They made a lamb lover out of me. I am not crazy about their beef, but hey, you live in Texas, it's not hard to find fantastic beef at your local butcher, so don't bother. But you can get different kinds of seafood that aren't readily available in your neck of the woods.

I will definitely check them out.

Yes, good beef is virtually everywhere here in Texas. What is hard to find is American lamb. I prefer it because it is less gamey in flavor. There's also not a big variety of fish in North Texas.

CD

I will definitely check them out.

Yes, good beef is virtually everywhere here in Texas. What is hard to find is American lamb. I prefer it because it is less gamey in flavor. There's also not a big variety of fish in North Texas.

CD
The lamb I get through them is from Australia, but it is definitely not gamey at all. Sweet and tender!

Amen to that. Subway is mediocre at best.

I love the Philly Cheesesteak at Penn Station. I get double meat and double cheese.

I am a Jersey Mike's fan. I love their Italian Sub. It is the closest thing to a South Jersey hoagie I've found in Texas.

CD

I am a Jersey Mike's fan. I love their Italian Sub. It is the closest thing to a South Jersey hoagie I've found in Texas.

CD
I haven't ever been there, but I am pretty sure we don't have any within 40 miles of me.

Edited to add that I am wrong, there are two within 15 miles. But, there is a huge Italian-American community here so I would rather just go to a local deli here like Primo's.

Primo's Deli

I get that you probably don't have many fantastic local delis like that in Texas...

Last edited:
Last meal of November in US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom